Villa recommendation?

sjv13

SBH Member
Hello all! We are new to this forum and are looking to book our first trip to St. Barts. We have stayed in st martin a couple times and last year spent the night over in at barts and loved it. We loved it so much that we are skipping over sxm this year and going straight to St. Barts. We are looking for villa recommendations for our stay. We would like a very clean and private villa with a pool and view. We had a bad experience with bugs and roaches in the villa last year in st. martin and it wasn't the cleanest. Any suggestions along with the villa companies would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Steve

Steve,

Welcome to the forum! What time of the year do you anticipate visiting St. Barth?

Wimco is a an excellent villa rental company, and they own this website to educate(and entertain) folks about the island. St. Barth Properties is another excellent company. In addition, on the right hand side of this page, you can find villas for rent by owners, a practice many of us find beneficial.

If you find a villa in which you have interest, search or query the forum to find out more about it.

You should easily be able to find what you want at that price point for that time of year. This is a great site with lots of info and helpful members. They helped me out big time for my first stay on SBH. Do a search on privacy, as there are a few different interpretations of privacy. Most of the villas on the island have a pool and a view. The rental agencies like Wimco ensure that the villas are clean and ready for your visit.

Check out villa BIK (Bikini and Surf), it appears to meet your criteria. I stayed there not too long ago and if I weren't so villa promiscuous, I would stay again. Keep in mind this was in about 2010 and the price may have changed.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Also, maybe try to narrow down your options.......do you want to be up in the hills or down on the beach? Do you have a favorite part or side of the island? Near a favorite beach? Near a favorite bar, club, restaurant, shop, etc?

I think most villas are pretty private and all are clean (I don't recall hearing any complaints about cleanliness in the last few years)

Update: Villa BIK is off the rental market!

Have you checked out Villa BAL? You really can't get any more private or any better view. You are perched RIGHT above the ocean facing sunset.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,099
I think being our first real trip we don't know exactly what area we want to be in and like the most. Also, the island is so small driving doesn't take too long to get to places. We do want to be up in the hills with privacy and not by the beach. The villa company mentioned Royal Palm and Villa Villion. Does anyone have any experience staying at any of those?

Please pardon my lack of French, but if Villa Villion is the same as Villa 21 in L'Orient, we have stayed there twice. If so, it is a nice villa with excellent views and the owners are very nice. We had no problem there in Late June/early July. The breezes were okay. Bedrooms have a/c. Great location and close to restaurants in Saline. As you said, the island is easy to navigate so driving is not an issue.

We stayed in Villa Chloe in Lurin. It seems to meet all of your criteria. It is gated, has a pool, a wonderful view of Gustavia and beyond. In addition the owner, Laura, is extremely nice and easy to work with. We booked it through VRBO which is directly with the owner. I did notice it is booked through June 23 but after that it is open. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. In low season it is listed at $2,200 but you would need to contact the owner to confirm this.

I think being our first real trip we don't know exactly what area we want to be in and like the most. Also, the island is so small driving doesn't take too long to get to places. We do want to be up in the hills with privacy and not by the beach. The villa company mentioned Royal Palm and Villa Villion. Does anyone have any experience staying at any of those?

I have actually stayed at both of those villas and would gladly return to either one! The view from Royal Palm is outstanding and it does offer some nice amenities like outdoor speakers, screens and air conditioning in the whole villa. It is extremely private. It is bit further out being in Vitet though, as you said, the island is small so it really doesn't matter. We stayed there for our first visit to the island (honeymoon) as well.

Villion is a bit closer to St. Jean and still has a lovely view though not quite as striking as Royal Palm. It is also very private and offers a hot tub and lovely lighting at the pool. The bathrooms are also nice and have a bit better finishes than Royal Palm. Aside, from things specifically mentioned other areas of both villas are very comparable. My avatar photo is actually from Villion :)

You really can't go wrong with either choice!

Also looking for villa

I also need to find a villa! I stayed in a hilltop gorgeous villa overlooking Flammands in May a year or so ago. We felt a little trapped as we like to go for evening walks and couldn't, the villa drive way was at 90 degree vertical angle with a hairpin curve! You needed to wear a helmet if walking outside villa after a glass or two! The view however was spectacular, specially at night. The living room and kitchen were open air and had tons of Mosquitos, wimco did spray in fact they did twice and sent us for a complimentary lunch to Taiwana while they did it! We returned to Taiwana like 10 times after that as food is fabulous! And absolutely fell in love with Flammands beach,...celebrated my 50... There. But I digress... after spraying the villa the floor was covered with dead bugs! These were size bugs I had never seen! :nightmare: Looked like helicopters! Anywaaaayyy! I want a: villa beachfront flammands with livingroom screens! Do they exist? AC in livingroom also! I know it's all about the fresh ocean breeze but gimme a break, I live in south florida and grew up in San Juan! Love AC :cool:

One of my fave villas is Villa Enfin - it has amazing views in two separate directions and is extremely private as it is at the top of a hill in Petite Saline . I think it is just under $3000 in the summer.

I also need to find a villa! I stayed in a hilltop gorgeous villa overlooking Flammands in May a year or so ago. We felt a little trapped as we like to go for evening walks and couldn't, the villa drive way was at 90 degree vertical angle with a hairpin curve! You needed to wear a helmet if walking outside villa after a glass or two! The view however was spectacular, specially at night. The living room and kitchen were open air and had tons of Mosquitos, wimco did spray in fact they did twice and sent us for a complimentary lunch to Taiwana while they did it! We returned to Taiwana like 10 times after that as food is fabulous! And absolutely fell in love with Flammands beach,...celebrated my 50... There. But I digress... after spraying the villa the floor was covered with dead bugs! These were size bugs I had never seen! :nightmare: Looked like helicopters! Anywaaaayyy! I want a: villa beachfront flammands with livingroom screens! Do they exist? AC in livingroom also! I know it's all about the fresh ocean breeze but gimme a break, I live in south florida and grew up in San Juan! Love AC :cool:

That's a tough request. There are only a couple that are fully air conditioned. Villa Micela, Les Embruns and on Wimco, Villa ELA.

Royal Palm is completely air conditioned and has screens. Gorgeous view and a nice breeze which keeps the bugs away.