Passport Expiration

scotth

SBH Insider
We arrive in SXM on 2/8 and onto SBH that day from NJ for 9 days.
Just realized my passport expires on 4/7/15.

Is this going to be a problem.
Went through the forums and couldn't find a definitive answer.

Thanks - Scott

ScotH. not sure where you live but find a passport expediter. They can normally have it back to you in 24-48 hours for 100-150 dollars.

Scott,

I would say that yes, it would be a problem. It is my understanding that you need to have either 90 or 180 days left before expiration on the date that you are scheduled to arrive back home, depending upon the country that you are visiting. Your airline can answer that question for you. Just give them a call and explain your travel itinerary and your expiration date.

Jim

There is time . . .

Screen Shot 2015-01-31 at 5.53.39 PM.jpg

Didn't I read a post that someone asked a TSA agent at the airport and that is not true?

Requirements vary with destination as pointed out above. Specific requirements can be searched on the passport information section of a State Dept website (travel.state.gov) by following the link in the "country information" tab. St Barth had a 6 month requirement the last time I checked.

Thank you!

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this! Due to this thread I double checked my wife's passport and found out it expires right after our trip:nightmare: That could have been a total de-railer, and I had no idea. (I'm on it now though :)) Thanks again to all of you who host and contribute to this forum, you're providing a wonderfully helpful service!

Dave

It was pure luck that I found this out myself. Person I work with was suppose to travel and couldn't go because of this situation. I never heard this before. Headed to Philly Tuesday morning to get it taken care of.

Thanks for the input from everyone.

Scott