Back to back?

Happy to see my SFO-IAD flight left on time this morning. Most other VX flights to the East Coast were cancelled.

image.jpg

I just heard that there are large caravans of power trucks heading north from VA and south of here. Stay safe all!!!

We are ready. We have lots of food in the fridge. Most importantly, the wine fridge is FULL!

Oh, man. Forgot that. Got out the extra shovels, the snow rake. Did washes. Charged everything up. Turned on the roof wires (whatever good that will do with 2 - 3 feet!).

Did Julianne and Dan make it down? Anyone else going down around now? We're still a few weeks out.

Still here, Deb,--our flight today was cancelled even though we had moved it up a day to try to beat the storm. C'est la vie! It is not a big deal since we stay for several weeks but I feel really sorry for people who have only one or two weeks. It is the first time it has happened to us in 27 years of visiting St. Barth--can't complain about a streak like that.

We hope to make it down on Friday. Enjoy the sunshine everyone who is there. And stay safe and warm, Deb and Jac and all those who couldn't "escape". I'm sure they are already printing tee shirts that say--"i Survived Storm Juno"--but I don't intend to buy one!

Still here, Deb,--our flight today was cancelled even though we had moved it up a day to try to beat the storm. C'est la vie! It is not a big deal since we stay for several weeks but I feel really sorry for people who have only one or two weeks. It is the first time it has happened to us in 27 years of visiting St. Barth--can't complain about a streak like that.

We hope to make it down on Friday. Enjoy the sunshine everyone who is there. And stay safe and warm, Deb and Jac and all those who couldn't "escape". I'm sure they are already printing tee shirts that say--"i Survived Storm Juno"--but I don't intend to buy one!

Yuck. I was afraid that this would interfere with your travel. Jac's idea to be down there from November through March is sounding pretty darn good 'round now. The flood warning has been lowered to a watch. Not looking forward to to the 2 to 3 am 50 mph gusts.

Stay safe all, and those of you already down there - do have a cocktail and soak in some sun for us up here. MikeR - would have been much happier if it was just the ski areas seeing this.

Yuck. MikeR - would have been much happier if it was just the ski areas seeing this.

I understand......well I have the fires roaring...the generator all gassed up......a bottle of red opened....hoops on the big screen....now we re just waiting for the show to begins

The show is in its early stages here, Mike. Hope you get lots of it...and we, a little less. Thank God we have a generator because 90% of the time in storms, we lose power which is not fun. I know you will savor every snowflake!

Julianne,

Sorry you missed your ride to warm today! We dodged the bullet today and have just a dusting. After over 80 outages since 2010 we installed a whole house natural gas generator this summer. No outages since :)