January 13, 2015, Dinner at Cote Port

phil62

Senior Insider
Following a fun time at the Cheval Blanc fashion show, we drove into Gustavia for a wonderful dinner with the Thorntons at Cote Port.

I enjoyed every drop and grain in the the 4 sea scallop with cep mushrooms risotto dish topped with shavings of Parmesan cheese.. The sauce was creamy and the risotto al dente and the scallops crisp on the outside and melt in my mouth delicious on the inside.
1-P1020698.JPG

The mahi mahi with frites and salad was presented as the freshest of fish in house and was accompanied by a serving of Creole seasoned sauce
2-P1020699.JPG

The tagliatelle with shrimp and lobster in a creamy sauce is still a classic from the days it was prepared in the kitchen at Rivage
3-P1020700.JPG

The sliced duck breast with a sweet and sour fruity sauce was also a hit
4-P1020701.JPG

And yes, at last a DESSERT. This dessert is called PROFITEROLES. The pastry shell was crisp, the ice cream was smooth, the chocolate sauce was rapture inducing, and the whipped cream was....don't ask!!
6-P1020706.JPG

Wow! What a great looking risotto! Is it a regular offering or was it an off-menu item? Sure hope it's available when I get there.

Sounds like a big improvement over a meal that we had on our last day on the island two years ago. It was one of the worst that we had, while on the island.

Amy and Phil,

You are going to my favorite places. It pleases me to see that you have enjoyed the last two dinning destinations you have posted. Both hardly get mentioned here which I find odd. That risotto looked lovely even with sea scallops:) kr

Seeing all of those pictures makes it hard to choose. Would probably go with the sea scallops first but we are big fans of Cote Port's steak tartare with the frites and a good salad which we can not find much in our city because of all of the health codes. Profiteroles all the way!

Be still my heart! Those profiteroles look downright sinful! You all know I love me some Santa Fe Profiteroles, but this trio of deliciousness has me willing to cheat on Manu.

Question: How were the frites? Crispy? Flavorful? Fried in duck fat? Details, svp...!

Be still my heart! Those profiteroles look downright sinful! You all know I love me some Santa Fe Profiteroles, but this trio of deliciousness has me willing to cheat on Manu.

Question: How were the frites? Crispy? Flavorful? Fried in duck fat? Details, svp...!

The frites were worth the price of the whole meal in and of themselves:up:

Ahhh....this is great news, Tim and Amy. I shall add Cote Port back to my frite rotation based on this recommendation. Merci, mes amis!

Too hot in there

Can someone please take a photo the next time they are there of all the fans that are blowing on you while dinning? They start right when you walk in the front door. It would be unconceivable of me to figure how it would be hot while dinning in that establishment. KR.

They didn't turn on the fans until half way through the meal. Maybe it was just an exceptionally hot November night. We were sitting near the harbor. The waitstaff was sweating profusely

Amy and Phil, you have me tingling again for the wonderful pleasures of St Barth. I hope they have the sea scallop dish when we finally get there this summer! Enjoy! And keep those photos coming.