OMG BIO Marche

Howard SBH

Everyone that has been on the Island any length of time knows Frank, the organic Butcher Extraordinaire, in St Jean (across from Hideaway), but he now has a complete selection of gourmet groceries as well. His grocery racks and refrigeration sections are so full of never before seen items in SBH - you will think you are in Heaven (perhaps spelled Whole Foods for those from the U.S). Trust me - if you spend less than 30 minutes on your first visit - you did not see it all. Stocked full of organics and gluten free too. Definitely a must see!!!

Very difficult to communicate in there if you don't speak French. At least it was when we were in there.

Frank speaks fluent English, his Asst Butcher OK English, but all the items are labeled in English as opposed to other Grocers on the island. Most all items are U.S. standard labeling - contents, ingredients, caloric info, etc. Really not much communication needed.

Frank speaks fluent English, his Asst Butcher OK English, but all the items are labeled in English as opposed to other Grocers on the island. Most all items are U.S. standard labeling - contents, ingredients, caloric info, etc. Really not much communication needed.

I stand corrected.

I'll let the French speaking woman at the cash register know.

We picked up some ribs + chicken for dinner tonight. English was not a problem. Good olive selection.

FYI - Was told BBQ happens on Saturday and Sunday morning.

I also love this shop! They will cook/grill lobsters for you as well---they need a day ahead of time notice, though. :up::)

Yes we have had both lobster and BBQ very good. As reported Frank's English is excellent. He will also give you his cell if you want a particular fresh fish. His partner brings in the catch of the day and Frank will prepare it for your grill. We filet our own, but some may appreciate this service. Nice addition to the island for sure.

We have driven by the butcher many times but have never stopped in. After reading these posts, even though not understanding all of them- ('TSWFWF' and 'ICTAIST') and snide, we plan to shop there during our upcoming trip. Like the idea of the grilled lobster and barbecue at home watching the waves crash in Pt. Milou with a bottle of Rose.