Sapotillier/B4/Ocean and now . . .

JEK

Senior Insider
Screen Shot 2014-12-12 at 8.17.06 AM.jpg

I can hear them now, "I don't go to St Barts to eat Italian", "I make better Italian at home than they can" . . .

There should be a "rule" on this forum that you may not comment about the food, portion size or price if you have not experienced it. :)

IMHO, it is not so much the switch to Italian food that will keep us away; it is the same owner/management that will definitely keep us away.

There should be a "rule" on this forum that you may not comment about the food, portion size or price if you have not experienced it. :)

no worries....we do all that on an alternative site now so as to spare sensitive feelings....:devillaugh:

It was the service that I found lacking before so I wonder if they will correct that.

Your comment is kinder and more hopeful.

I thought the service and overall management @ Ocean were horrendous.
I have no faith in any improvement with the same owner.

We have been to both Ocean and Sapotillier and thumbs down on both. This will not be on our meal list in Feb. Even without trying it, same owners, same kitchen, same structure and same location- seems like an old you know what in a new kimono!

We have been to both Ocean and Sapotillier and thumbs down on both. This will not be on our meal list in Feb. Even without trying it, same owners, same kitchen, same structure and same location- seems like an old you know what in a new kimono!

Our sentiments exactly!

At least Le Sapottier was extremely well run.
Adam was a charming host and paid attention
to every detail.
Food was good but, IMHO, the prices were insane.
One time was enough.

Our sentiments exactly!

At least Le Sapottier was extremely well run.
Adam was a charming host and paid attention
to every detail.
Food was good but, IMHO, the prices were insane.
One time was enough.

*Please excuse my misspelling of SAPOTILLIER,
in my post, above.*

And Maude and Stephan had it on the way to being great again, but alas could not pull it off with success. They were a nice couple and I miss them too.