Draft Version of Restos16, List of Recent Restaurant Changes

KevinS

Senior Insider
There have been a lot of changes on the SBH restaurant front in recent months. I've put together a draft version of Restos16, the latest version of my SBH restaurant list, which is attached in PDF format. Please let me know if you think that I've missed a change. The final version will be published next week. Here are the big changes:

L’Ardoise replaces Txerri Gorria (Cochon Rouge), which replaced Le Bistroy Absolutely Wine at Villa Creole in St Jean.

Les Artistes replaces Le Wok in Lorient. It appears that it will be an art/performance/concert/sports bar venue, with tapas and a local ambience.

L’Avventura replaces Ocean, which was previously B4 and Le Sapotillier in Gustavia, as an Italian restaurant/Pizzeria.

Black Ginger, the Thai restaurant at the former Entre-Deux location in Gustavia, now has an adjacent takeout storefront, which is open from 11:30.

La Boca Loca has replaced La Table de Jules at the former K’fe Massai location in Lorient.

Burger Palace is a new burger delivery business operating out of Colombier, which offers late-night delivery until Midnight on weeknights, and 02:00 on Friday night and Saturday night.

Chez Ginette in Anse des Cayes is closed. They no longer serve food, and are now a flavored-rum-only business located in Corossol.

Le Diamant in the Carenage area of St Jean has reopened.

L’Escale de Avriette replaces Me Gusta in Gustavia, offering a Creole menu in the space that was previously Les Coulisses and Harbour’s.

Gustav’ has replaced La Route de Boucaniers in Gustavia.

Modjo is a new nightclub/chic snacks location, located next to Hideaway in St Jean.

Monbart is a new lounge/wine bar serving small plates location in Gustavia, in the former R St Barth location.

Natural Flavors is now in the former La Rotisserie location in Gustavia.

La Provença St. Barth replaces Wall House in Gustavia. It is scheduled to open on Saturday, 12/6.

Salomé is a new Middle Eastern Grocery and Lebanese takeout place in St Jean, next to Sayolita.

Sand Bar is now open for dinner.

So Cuisine now has a storefront in St Jean, between the Tom Beach and Emeraude Plage, serving Vietnamese and organic/raw/vegan takeout.

A new incarnation of Tamarin has opened in Saline, serving Lunch, Dinner, and Sunday Brunch.

Yo Sushi Mania now appears to be part of the Do Brazil/Gustav’/La Boca Loca group of restaurants, sharing space with Gustav’ in Gustavia, and La Boca Loca in Lorient.

Chef’s Table in Public is a new food supply operation geared primarily to professionals, but also to individuals “sur commande”.

Attachments

• Draft Restos16.pdf
    44 KB · Views: 455
A thing of beauty! Thanks Kevin!

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

r6.jpg

Changes to the draft continue, with the correct name for La Provença replacing Provence, and the reservation phone number corrected to 0690 74 77 74.

Kevin--this is incredible! Thank you so much. It is great to have it all at one's fingertips--very convenient and much more up-to-date than most of the magazines on the island. Don't know how you "nailed" it but you sure did!!

Cannot thank you enough Kevin. It provides dinner conversation BEFORE we leave (where will we eat) and a handy reference for
hours and phone numbers when we get there! Lots of changes - fun things to look forward to.

Thanks all, for the kind words.

One more change has been added above:
Les Artistes has replaced Le Wok in Lorient. It appears that it will be an art/performance/concert/sports bar venue, with tapas and a local ambience.

The last outlier that I'm aware of is L'Entracte, which was still undergoing massive renovations when I left the island.

Wall House isn't Wall House any more? Their website still looks active. La Provença St. Barth says that the Wall House chef invites you to... Are there two restaurants?

Wall House isn't Wall House any more? Their website still looks active. La Provença St. Barth says that the Wall House chef invites you to... Are there two restaurants?

Former Wall House location, new owner, new restaurant name, new management team, new chef, and new menu. I've heard good things about their management team and their kitchen staff, but I left the island before they opened, and haven't been there myself.

Wall House was sold last year in April/May. Bernard has retired to "his mountain" in France, and Julien is pursuing new opportunities. The new owners have just opened, less than two weeks ago, with the new name of La Provença St Barth. They still have a few details to clean up, the website being one.