2 Dinners in NY

Peter, yes, it is (or was, not sure if he's still owner). It was very loud, and I got the full scoop on the guy trying to impress his date at the next table. Poor girl.

Josh, yes, that's it! My sister got the new book for her husband for Christmas. She said it's not really a cookbook (it states that in the book----unless you are really crazy, do not attempt at home!), but a fantastic coffee table picture book. She's saving up her allowance to go :wink2:

Peter, yes, it is (or was, not sure if he's still owner). It was very loud, and I got the full scoop on the guy trying to impress his date at the next table. Poor girl.

Josh, yes, that's it! My sister got the new book for her husband for Christmas. She said it's not really a cookbook (it states that in the book----unless you are really crazy, do not attempt at home!), but a fantastic coffee table picture book. She's saving up her allowance to go :wink2:

Kathy,

I thought you might be referring to NEXT Bistro. kr

Kathy,

I thought you might be referring to NEXT Bistro. kr
Confirmed Alinea! The book is amazing, There's a description of Truffle Explosion that is to die for. This Wagyu, squash, yogurt and smoked paprika taffy is one of too many that I would happily try! I've noticed that so far in my perusing, the meats are cooked en sous vide.
AlineaBook.JPG
AlineaWagyu.JPG

And, on another related note, my bro-in-law made Anthony Bourdain's beef stock last weekend, and will be whipping up his totally amazing beef stew for us tomorrow night. The stock takes him 24 hours to make. He's quite the cook, and has a serious man-crush on Bourdain :cool: Being in the frozen tundra of Michigan this long weekend has quite a few advantages!

And, on another related note, my bro-in-law made Anthony Bourdain's beef stock last weekend, and will be whipping up his totally amazing beef stew for us tomorrow night. The stock takes him 24 hours to make. He's quite the cook, and has a serious man-crush on Bourdain :cool: Being in the frozen tundra of Michigan this long weekend has quite a few advantages!

I make it the Bourdain way too and and then I put it in ice cube trays for future use.....

I'm doing stew this Sunday as well but I m doing a blanquette de veau[h=1][/h]

katva! Let me tell you some names of the most famous hotels in New York:
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
Mandarin Oriental, New York
the Quin
WestHouse Hotel New York
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
Gramercy Park Hotel
The Surrey