Ocean Out, L'Avventura In

KevinS

Senior Insider
Ocean is no more. It is being replaced by L'Avventura, an Italian restaurant/pizzeria. The sign didn't photograph well, but it's the only photo that I have. Same owner, no word on opening date.

image.jpg

Yes, L'Avventura with two v's. I had to Google it. Italian for Adventure. Also, according to IMDB it's a classic 1960 Italian movie - "A woman disappears during a Mediterranean boating trip. But during the search, her lover and her best friend become attracted to each other."

Keep up the good work, Kevin and Kate. Great having your keen eyes discovering what's new on St Barth

Had dinner there last February, after hearing good reviews .
We were totally disappointed.
Service was awful, and there were only 3 tables of diners.
A demitasse spoon was served with the soup.
The woman (the owner) said that they didn't have soup spoons.
Food just fair.
We felt that the management was totally amateurish.
So now the same woman is going to open an Italian restaurant??:culpability:

L'Avventura Out, Orega In

One and done. L'Avventura is no more.

Orega is self-described as a Fine Dining restaurant serving Japanese French Fusion food.

One of Nantucket's most finically successful restos does the Japanese French fusion things beautifully. Check out the Pearl. KR
I checked it out and not much French. Pan Asian/Coastal. Chevre is still goat cheese :)

Was this at the old Wall House location? I can't keep track anymore

It's hard, Bart. It was formerly Sapotillier/B4/Ocean/L'Avventura and will now be Orega. Across the street from Eddy's.

I haven't seen a name yet for the new restaurant at the former Wall House/Provenca location. The last that I heard is that it will have a Greek menu.