Ocean Out, L'Avventura In

Its too bad that nothing is working out here. Such a lovely space.

It's a tough business. Without deep pockets, long hours, the right location, the right staff, and the right concept, it's a good way to lose a lot of money. Even with deep pockets, it sometimes just becomes a slow way to lose a lot of money.

Pascal's new venture-think Mediterranean. Lots of fish and he tells us other things as well. Hope to visit in January 2016, Pascal hopes to open first week in December.

It's a tough business. Without deep pockets, long hours, the right location, the right staff, and the right concept, it's a good way to lose a lot of money. Even with deep pockets, it sometimes just becomes a slow way to lose a lot of money.

Absolutely, and not just in the islands. Its a lifetime lifestyle commitment to own a restaurant.

I think that the name actually is "Ortega" . . . owned by Gregory Ortega. His "wife" (as characterized to me) owns the adjacent art gallery ("Ortega Art Gallery" -- https://www.facebook.com/ortegaartgallery/). When there recently, I met Gregory and found him to be completely charming, very young, quite serious about his business, and fluent in English. I also spoke with the chef and several waiters. I believe that they're planning to open on November 21. From what I saw of the renovations, the place is going to be very nice looking . . . the glizt left over from "B4" is gone. I'm excited for them . . . the Japanese / French infusion theme seemed to be well planned, and the attention being given to execution was highly professional and impressive. I wish them great success!

I think that the name actually is "Ortega" . . . owned by Gregory Ortega. His "wife" (as characterized to me) owns the adjacent art gallery ("Ortega Art Gallery" -- https://www.facebook.com/ortegaartgallery/). When there recently, I met Gregory and found him to be completely charming, very young, quite serious about his business, and fluent in English. I also spoke with the chef and several waiters. I believe that they're planning to open on November 21. From what I saw of the renovations, the place is going to be very nice looking . . . the glizt left over from "B4" is gone. I'm excited for them . . . the Japanese / French infusion theme seemed to be well planned, and the attention being given to execution was highly professional and impressive. I wish them great success!

Me too, they are a lovely young couple and I'd love to see a new place succeed there !

Went by Provenca last week, and it was all torn up. I don't understand ....didn't they just re-do all the tiles, floors, etc? The shades were down, and they were working on it.

Went by Provenca last week, and it was all torn up. I don't understand ....didn't they just re-do all the tiles, floors, etc? The shades were down, and they were working on it.

The only way to make money is to spend money :)

Dennis, the name will actually be Orega not Greg's spelling of his last name. They are both lovely young people. We had the honor of hosting an art opening on Nantucket for them in 2014. Hard workers and very talented. I would suspect that we will see Kate's work in the new resto. Bon chance to them both. kr

I note the missing "t", but it appears to be intentional. The Facebook page and the artwork posted there are all Orega, with no "t". Perhaps they felt that using a Spanish name for a Japanese-French Fusion restaurant might be too much.

No doubt that my hearing isn't what it used to be. In hearing a "t" in the name, I probably was mis-led by Greg's business card from the art gallery, which definitely has "Ortega" on it (looking at it right now).

The location just seems to be doomed- maybe bad karma. Our prediction is even though Pascal rustles up some good food it will be here today gone tomorrow like all the rest in that spot.

The location just seems to be doomed- maybe bad karma. Our prediction is even though Pascal rustles up some good food it will be here today gone tomorrow like all the rest in that spot.
I will be sure to pass along your vote of confidence to my friends:) kr

Oy. We just went over this. Kate Kova is at Orega, the former L'Avventura. Pascal is at La Guérite, the former Wall House.