Chez Ginette moved?

JEK

Senior Insider
IIRC, the old place in Anse de Cayes burned?

image.jpg

Doesn't surprise us John. Where it was as you know was mosquito infested, full of mangy dogs, stray cats and the place was a fire trap. Their rum however is excellent. We always have several bottles of different flavors on hand. When you went down there you were never sure if any one was going to be there to help you. Never saw any food for sale. Although we have not encountered any problems in terms of safety, that area always seemed a little 'iffy'- only place we ever felt that way. Always went there during the daylight hours.

I have a very full schedule, LOL, but I may be able to fit in a scouting expedition on Monday. Or Tuesday. Possibly Wednesday. Wait a minute - Chez Ginette? Lots of flavored rums? By Thursday for sure.

I never experienced a sense of security issues there at night . . . but haven't visited in recent years. It used to be a very fun nighttime place . . . great live music & dancing.

Was the best place 20 - 30 years ago.... so many great memories, (most rather blurry). Ginette is still in Anse des Cayes, but the bar land is being developed.
A sign of the changing times, in the old days EVERYONE went to GInette's. Whether they were film stars or local garbage men. doctors or lawyers, young or old.
The live music was great, as mentioned, and anybody who passed out was just moved to the side, and woke in the car park the next morning.

Ginette was and is one of the kindest people on the island, except when playing pomer.

She is now located on the road from Corossol to Colombier, on the left as you climb up the hill.