Can someone show me on a map where Salines Garden is?

jgcpalmer

SBH Insider
In just over a week we'll be landing in St Barts for the first time - we're very excited about it.

We're renting a car and going to Salines Garden for our week. Jean-Phillipe will be meeting us and leading us to the hotel, but it will be dark when we arrive, and I'd like to have a good idea of where it is.

However, when I look at various sites that show where it is on a map, they seem to all show a different location. Google Maps, as well as the map on this site (https://www.sbhonline.com/st-barts-hotels/) agree with each other, but show it very close to Saline beach, away from any roads, and when I look on Google Earth, there doesn't appear to be any buildings there at all. Tripadvisor shows it as being in the middle of the ocean just off the coast of Africa, haha.

I was wondering if someone could help us out by giving some decent directions or by showing where it is on a map.

JEK has it right, but as a clarification, the hotel is actually a small grouping of cottages that are set back from the road. When leaving the property, if you turn left, you will be at Saline beach in a minute or so. If you turn right, you will be on a road that will take you anywhere on the Island once you learn the feeder roads that join it at many points. Your rental car agency will provide you with a map. After a day or so of driving around the Island, you'll be a pro.

Phil

I think it is here, but there is a sign.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 1,042
I think it is here, but there is a sign.

Nah, not that far down. Entrance is closer to the intersection by the old Tamerind.

Quite possibly the worst access road on the island. The potholes have potholes.

Salines Garden website shows it on the map here:

attachment.php

But when I look on Google Maps, there aren't really any buildings right where the marker is.

attachment.php

But is that the right road for me to go on to get there? Is it up there in with those other houses?

Attachments

• salinesgardenmap.jpg
    salinesgardenmap.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 704
  • stbartsgoogleearth.jpg
    stbartsgoogleearth.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 669
The property is well marked. You just need to turn into their road and follow it to the reception.

Phil

Ok. Well, I'm not too worried now - it sounds like as long as I can find the right road, I'll have no problem finding the place. Just worried about being in an unfamiliar place, driving at night before I even get to see it in the daylight. But it sounds like it shouldn't be any problem.

Thanks everyone.

There a few general signs directing one to Saline. Follow those and you will always come right back to your nest!

The part partially obscured by clouds in the top centerish is the place. See the pool?

You enter from the Saline road at roughly 9 o'clock in your picture, make your first right then bounce around to the hotel...

JEK's right. There are signs...owner is an interesting guy. French/Vietnamese.

Thanks - that makes it much more clear.

They advertise that it's a 10 minute walk from Saline Beach. It is a bit difficult to determine scale from maps like this, but it looks like more than a 10 minute walk to me.

Thanks - that makes it much more clear.

They advertise that it's a 10 minute walk from Saline Beach. It is a bit difficult to determine scale from maps like this, but it looks like more than a 10 minute walk to me.

Stick your thumb out. Works for the young French cuties...

10 minutes isn't far off. It may be a bit longer if you stop to read the menus at M&P, L'Esprit de Jean-Claude, and Grain de Sel. Most of it is flat, except for maybe a little bit at Saline Gardens, and the walk over the dune path at the end.

10 minutes isn't far off. It may be a bit longer if you stop to read the menus at M&P, L'Esprit de Jean-Claude, and Grain de Sel. Most of it is flat, except for maybe a little bit at Saline Gardens, and the walk over the dune path at the end.

À propos to that, JGCP, le Grain de Sel is our favorite lunch spot on the island. I recommend reserving a table even for lunch and arriving at noon or 12:30 at the latest for best service. L'Esprit de Jean-Claude, for haute cuisine, is certainly in the top 2 or 3 on the island. Bonnes vacances !

Are reservations necessary this time of year? I thought things would be quiet enough that they wouldn't be necessary. How far in advance would I need to reserve?

Are reservations necessary this time of year? I thought things would be quiet enough that they wouldn't be necessary. How far in advance would I need to reserve?

"Necessary" may not be the right word, but reservations are always appreciated by the restaurants and should secure you a better table if you're reserved before a walk-in guest arrives...even if you call at 11:00 for a 12:30 reservation. We always reserve.

whatever you do, do not rent a mini cooper, that particular road has too many potholes, I think one of them could swallow that little car. suv is what you will want for the road into saline gardens.