Sargassum.

Nomoreweeds

I see the seaweed is quite rampant at Saline and Gouverner. Anyone know of plans to get them cleaned up? Is it still coming in daily or is this leftover from last storm?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,488
The seaweed was there before the storm and is apparently blanketing the entire Caribbean. Based on your name I guess you joined to ask your question. Welcome!

I would love to hear that it is gone soon - we're arriving in St Barts in a week at Salines Garden - hoping that Saline will be our go-to beach for the week. :)

hardware stores open, they sell rakes, shovels. after raking, dig hole in sand, bury the grass. leave shovel and rake at top of hill for next visitor to use.

As a bit of good news, today on Saline most of the weeds were on the sand and not in the water like a good soup, which was the case yesterday. At least you can get to water and swim. I will take it. Now, I am taking bets if Saline beach will be cleaned from old(!) Weeds by Christmas.

As a bit of good news, today on Saline most of the weeds were on the sand and not in the water like a good soup, which was the case yesterday. At least you can get to water and swim. I will take it. Now, I am taking bets if Saline beach will be cleaned from old(!) Weeds by Christmas.

That is good news at least - I am much more of a swimmer than a beach bum anyways.

We were at Saline yesterday n it was not pretty. My husband swam but not I. We just came back from Flammands. Absolutely beautiful. N swimming everyday at Lorient. Was curious about Gouveneur. I guess just as bad as Saline.

No very few but we went late afternoon. A very nice French lady stopped us n said not to swim because some of the seaweed was yellow n not good for sensitive skin. So I decided not to go in. My husband did but said seaweed was everywhere. Tomorrow we will go to St Jean. But our favorites are Saline n Gouveneur. Hopefully we will be able to swim before our return home next week. Anyone been to Columbier?? Don't want to hike out there n not be rewarded with a nice refreshing swim.

I swam a couple of times last week at Saline. I didn't find the sargassum in the water to be bad, and what was on the beach was largely isolated in a narrow swath along edge of the high tide mark. The sargassum was a little messy, but mostly rather small pieces . . . no big clumps threatening to swallow me up or pull me under!

Our kids were at Lorient and St Jean today and loved both. The seaweed was no problem at either beach.

Phil