Modjo opening

primo

SBH Insider
We tried to go and support the new establishment. Modjo. It is right next to andys . One in our party had dress shorts , dress short sleeve shirt and sandals. The bouncer at the door pointed to the sandals at the one in our party and shook his head ! No admittance for sandals however women with heeled sandals were everywhere. No shoe stores open so we were forced to leave.

sorry to hear that, some of the nicest places on the island do not have a dress code. It will be difficult to get a new restaurant started by turning people away.

We tried to go and support the new establishment. Modjo. It is right next to andys . One in our party had dress shorts , dress short sleeve shirt and sandals. The bouncer at the door pointed to the sandals at the one in our party and shook his head ! No admittance for sandals however women with heeled sandals were everywhere. No shoe stores open so we were forced to leave.

attachment.php

Indeed, bermudas (long shorts) are ok but no flip-flops.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 10.21.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 10.21.09 AM.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,823
looks like the havaianas brand is branching out. according to wikipedia, havaianas are a brand of flip flops. are you going in those white sneakers?

Stylish, don't you think?

hey, I'm not the fashion police, whatever someone is comfortable with, fine with me. but what do you think modjo's will say. european bar scene normally means no white sneaker shoes or flip flops. I am hoping modjo's will change their attitude, esp. if they want american clientele.

hey, I'm not the fashion police, whatever someone is comfortable with, fine with me. but what do you think modjo's will say. european bar scene normally means no white sneaker shoes or flip flops. I am hoping modjo's will change their attitude, esp. if they want american clientele.
Diana- I think Americans have more than flip flops or sneakers. A sign posted on the outside will alert everyone about the policy. No big deal not that I would be awake to go anyway. :)

I doubt that they will post a sign, just in case a movie star or celebrity shows up in his white sneakers. I bet they get in.

All the haute couture houses make "sneakers". I doubt it will be a problem.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• chanelsneakers.jpg
    chanelsneakers.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,519
  • RTEmagicC_ysl_sneaker.jpg.jpg
    RTEmagicC_ysl_sneaker.jpg.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,318
the same brands make sweatsuits, you won't be entering a european bar in those either. don't shoot the messenger here, its the european bar code.

No offense to messenger intended. :)
I promise I won't be wearing a sweat suit.
There were folks in Tshirts at their Friends and Family soirée though.

I draw the line at wife beaters at Le Gaîac. Which I have seen.

PSA from the SBHOLSC: Gaïac

Tréma. Pas de circonflexe. Indicating that adjacent vowels are pronounced individually.

BTW, did the débardeur in question look anything like this?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 5960239.jpg
    5960239.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,788
It might have been the same night that two ladies at the table by the pool decided to go for a tip after dinner. The waitstaff was a bit flummoxed, but quickly brought out large towels for the ladies.