Paris in February

We have been in Paris in February and as some have said it is cold but the Bistros are warm and toasty. The crowds are not around and the city is actually drivable. Go for it!

We have just recently decided to spend our 30th anniversary in Paris. It's in the first week of October so we are planning to go from the 1st to the 11th. I spent a few days there in 1990 tagging along with my father on a business trip. My wife has never been. We are in the early stages of planning so I will be checking back for some tips. In the meantime I have a trip to SB in 9 days totally occupying my thoughts! More to come on that in the "main forum"

We have just recently decided to spend our 30th anniversary in Paris. It's in the first week of October so we are planning to go from the 1st to the 11th. I spent a few days there in 1990 tagging along with my father on a business trip. My wife has never been. We are in the early stages of planning so I will be checking back for some tips. In the meantime I have a trip to SB in 9 days totally occupying my thoughts! More to come on that in the "main forum"

I hope y'all have a great anniversary trip! We may need to trade planning notes ;) I'm working on restaurant selections now...

So, Valerie and Jimmy have upcoming Paris trips! Please post a report when you return. I've been day-dreaming about Paris lately and am planning (on paper) my first overnight trip for 2016, probably two weeks long to coincide with my birthday in November. I've been twice for day trips (Chunneled from London and a layover before Barcelona), but have never overnighted. I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Bon voyage, Valerie and Jimmy!

Don't worry about February. We have sat in a Bistro on the Champs Elysees with a fire watching the snowflakes come down- very romantic- no tourists- food is still good and shops are all open.

By reading the thread, it has been determined that both travelers are going to Paris in October and November....February was off the table several months ago, but thanks for the February intel, hopper.

We will be there in 5 days.....will update restos etc.....Rosita, we have reservations at one of the ones you sent, can't wait !!!!!! :up:

Thank you for the well wishes, Missy! I Can't believe we leave in 5 short weeks! I will most definitely post a report when we return. I hope you do the trip next year-what a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday!

Linda I can't wait to hear any restaurant recommendations you may have! So far the only reservation we have is for Le Parc in Reims. It will be our first Michelin experience!

I have to say Jules Verne is on my short list. The view does seem spectacular! The food was my one concern.

Thank you for the well wishes, Missy! I Can't believe we leave in 5 short weeks! I will most definitely post a report when we return. I hope you do the trip next year-what a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday!

My pleasure, Valerie. I am looking forward to your report!