October 31, 2014, Taste of St Barth Dinner at Le Gaiac

phil62

Senior Insider
Taste of St Barth is a new promotion on the Island, and I urge everyone who is here now to try to attend at least one of the dinners. All of the event details have been posted here in the forum, but here are the nitty gritty details. First, there are 2 fixed menus; a four course at 75 EU, and an 8 course at 125 EU. Each restaurant will present dishes that are the specialty of the guest chef, in this case Mr Hideaki Matsuo from Osaka, Japan.

1-P1000146.JPG

My lovely dates for the evening discussing the menu, or me, not sure exactly, with one of the charming hostesses.

8-P1000141.JPG

The meal was, to say the least, fabulous. You can follow along with the menu above to see all of the details of each dish.

2-P1010833.JPG

3-P1010834.JPG

4-P1010836.JPG

As a clarification, the first dessert is the one from the menu. We were offered a slice of the Anniversary cake as an option, and that's what Missy and I had. The last shot is the tray of goodies that Le Gaiac always presents after a meal. Once again, I urge everyone on the Island to try one of the venues that are participating in the wonderful promotion. You won't be disappointed.

5-P1010838.JPG

6-P1010839.JPG

7-P1010840.JPG

Phil

Kevin every ingredient was used with tender loving care. The presentations were beautiful. Warm breezes filled the room which was packed with every seat occupied. The staff handled it all graciously and it will remain a meal and an event to remember.