Young Children Dining

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
Our 2 year old grandson will be joining us next February. Up until now we have not had to think about this question- what restaurants are young child friendly- i.e. open at say 5:30 or 6 for dinner, have booster seats and/or high chairs, kids menus etc.? For lunch as well although that should be eaiser than dinner?

Try La Creperie. The food's great(IMHO), and I think they serve all day except on Sundays.

I'm also thinking that Le Repaire is open continuously from lunch through dinner, but i would check first...

Although I agree that 5:30/6 pm may be too early for most restaurants, dining places where we have seen children accommodated are: (as already mentioned La Creparie & Le Repaire), Gloriette, Coté Port, Do Brasil and Grain de Sel. I don't remember if all had booster seats or highchairs. You might consider bringing your own booster seat which might come in handy in lots of places.

Eddies has always been wonderful to my kids at all ages. Booster seats, kid friendly food specially prepared without spices, etc. Not to mention the decor always fascinated my kids and the kitties made them smile too. Nikki Beach is also great for kids at all times of day, and is a good option for an early meal. You wouldn't think that but we always have a great afternoon there as a family. With the beach right there to keep them entertained and when they were small, the couches to nap on while we relax.. ;D Gloriette is top on the list also for beach in the sand. To be totally honest, my kids did fine eating later. Sometimes we would feed them before going out at their regular time and then have them enjoy dessert or fries (almost every resto can provide that) while we eat our meal. Almost all restos are accommodating in our opinion but any place with interesting things to look at, or places to wander to (harbor, beach,etc.) worked best when they were little. Then if an adult needs to take them for a stroll, they can enjoy the scenery while wandering. I would venture to say Le Carre would be an option. Being open in the middle of shops near the harbor would make for a nice stroll for wiggly 2 year old. BTW... 2 year olds can survive on frites for 10 days... we can attest to that! ;D

One more thing... Almost every resto in St. Barts has been open to preparing something simple for my kids. Most do not have a children's menu but steak, chicken breast, frites, pasta are simple items they will happily make on request. Just ask. Now that I have 1 teen and 1 tween eating adult meals(OUCH$$$), I really miss those days.