October 25, 2014, Dinner at Le Carre

phil62

Senior Insider
We drove into Gustavia and saw the street was torn up--fiber optic cable coming! Our restaurant, Le Carre, was all aglow and we were warmly greeted by our waiter Max showing a new short hairstyle and proudly announcing he became the dad of 3 week old Zoe. It was a a joyful and smiling host/owner Franck that also welcomed our return and I was presented with a green fan which I am happy to demonstrate for you-no batteries required. My first piece of Le Carre swag--ah, St Barths.
1-P1010636.JPG

We began with a small cup of cool tomato soup-a nice robust amuse bouche starter.
2-P1010639.JPG

The Pan Con bruschetta starter is back on the menu-Iberian ham and chopped tomatoes in virgin olive oil topped with shaved Parmesan Reggiano cheese and served on crisp toasted thin bread slices
3-P1010640.JPG

I was ecstatic to see the chunky fried chicken wishbones in a garlic butter and parsley sauce was once again available on Carre's new menu!
4-P1010641.JPG

Phil enjoyed this trio of medium rare beef sliders with bacon and cheddar cheese and a tango mayo sauce. The sliders are served with delicious crisp sweet potato frites.
5-P1010642.JPG

I tried the new menu offering of sushi. There was a bowl filled withchunks of fresh snapper, prawns and wasabi rolled omelette wheels and wakami over sticky white rice.
6-P1010644.JPG

The four of us happily shared the island flotant for dessert. You can see a heavenly serving of whipped egg whites in a bowl of English vanilla sauce topped with sliced almonds and caramel sauce.
7-P1010645.JPG

By the time we departed, every table was filled and I was happy to see Franck racing around so eager to kick off this new season.

Nice fan, Amy. Goes well with the colors of your top. Thank you and Phil for your reports, they are very much appreciated.

Thanks Amy and Phil for the photos and the report. Much needed reminders to tide me over until next year. You look great!

Soon you can check things out on your own. It is wonderful just how good the cleanup has been.