Thread: and so it begins...

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 52,003

and so it begins...

Hopefully we are not far behind......

A-Basin Now OPEN For The Ski Season!

By: UnofficialNet October 17, 2014 10:09

TWEE

Share this image:

The 2014 -2015 winter ski season is officially underway in Colorado. This morning Arapahoe Basin kicked the season off with the opening of the Black Mountain Express chairlift and the High Noon trail. Here is more on todays condtions from A-Basin’s CEO, Al, took a run yesterday before the official opening.
    “I went for a run this afternoon [Oct. 16th, 2014] just to make sure everything was ready for the opening. It was so good I stayed out and took a few extra laps. Either my boots shrunk or my feet got a little fatter over the summer. Our staff is putting the finishing touches on everything. The lift crew is training and setting up ramps and signs. The Ski Patrol is doing their thing. There is a lot of vacuuming going on around here. I am off to The 6th Alley for a “trial run” on their products and services. Friday will be a very good day. You know, this ski thing is a lot of fun.” – Al’s Blog
    Share this image:

Share this image:

arapahoe basin, ALL, Home Page

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 4,769
    I'm dropping Andrew off at IAD this afternoon for a flight to Denver. He will be touring a couple of schools with his cousins and my brother. Boy, would I love it if he goes to college in CO :)

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 52,003
    what schools?
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

Co. School of Mines, in Golden (his cousin graduated MCL and her fiancé is finishing up his Masters there in December), and CO State in Ft. Collins, where his other cousin is a Biology Asst. Prof. It will be good for him to tour these schools with them (and no hovering Mom around)

School of Mines is awesome...without question the best school in CO

tell Andrew for GREAT cheap eats and very unique flavors go to Rasta Pasta in Ft Collins

According to many sources, one of the very best engineering schools in the US. Even NPR did a big story on it last week. It's a fantastic school. All the recent publicity will make it harder to get into though!
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/colorado...hool-u-s/3956/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike R View Post
    tell Andrew for GREAT cheap eats and very unique flavors go to Rasta Pasta in Ft Collins
    He will be there tomorrow!

We are rushing from his XC meet going on now, to IAD. He'll be starving by the time he gets there!

We got snow!!!!the view of the Presidentials as seen from Pollys pancake parlor

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  127.6 KB

SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2010 New England Posts: 4,300
    And you are off! Beautiful! We had our first frost last night.

We got snow!!!!the view of the Presidentials as seen from Pollys pancake parlor

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  127.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  89.3 KB

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 25,528
    Sure is pretty.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

the snow guns are officially on!!!!!!

Waterville Valley Resort

17 minutes ago

This afternoon on Tommy's World Cup Run. It's a beautiful sight, isn't it?

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 25,528
    Wishing you a happy, healthy, and prosperous season.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

merci buckets

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 51,697
    I saw a snowplow today and it gave me shivers to go South for the duration.
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party -- June 5, 2023

Senior Insider Joined: Apr 2004 Austin, TX Posts: 9,445
    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    I saw a snowplow today and it gave me shivers to go South for the duration.

I know a place....