and so it begins...

MIke R

Senior Insider
Hopefully we are not far behind......

A-Basin Now OPEN For The Ski Season!

By: UnofficialNet October 17, 2014 10:09

TWEE

Share this image:

The 2014 -2015 winter ski season is officially underway in Colorado. This morning Arapahoe Basin kicked the season off with the opening of the Black Mountain Express chairlift and the High Noon trail. Here is more on todays condtions from A-Basin’s CEO, Al, took a run yesterday before the official opening.
“I went for a run this afternoon [Oct. 16th, 2014] just to make sure everything was ready for the opening. It was so good I stayed out and took a few extra laps. Either my boots shrunk or my feet got a little fatter over the summer. Our staff is putting the finishing touches on everything. The lift crew is training and setting up ramps and signs. The Ski Patrol is doing their thing. There is a lot of vacuuming going on around here. I am off to The 6th Alley for a “trial run” on their products and services. Friday will be a very good day. You know, this ski thing is a lot of fun.” – Al’s Blog
Share this image:

Share this image:

arapahoe basin, ALL, Home Page

I'm dropping Andrew off at IAD this afternoon for a flight to Denver. He will be touring a couple of schools with his cousins and my brother. Boy, would I love it if he goes to college in CO :)

Co. School of Mines, in Golden (his cousin graduated MCL and her fiancé is finishing up his Masters there in December), and CO State in Ft. Collins, where his other cousin is a Biology Asst. Prof. It will be good for him to tour these schools with them (and no hovering Mom around) :cool:

We are rushing from his XC meet going on now, to IAD. He'll be starving by the time he gets there!

We got snow!!!!the view of the Presidentials as seen from Pollys pancake parlor

image.jpg