Restaurant and bar recs please

pcolom1

HI, I am going to St. Barth's in January and was just hoping for some recommendations on bars and restaurants that people really enjoyed. We are really open and want to see all kinds of different things so I just want good food + cool view / space....We dont care if its fancy, expensive, casual, inexpensive, etc. I am happy to go nice one night and casual the next.

Thanks for any advice.

Welcome to the Forum pcolom1!

Lots of places come to mind -- in the bar sense we love to have a sunset drink at Baz Bar in Gustavia and perhaps stay for sushi and music. Another great bar is in the Eden Rock hotel -- stay for dinner overlooking the reef and watch the tarpon feed bathed in the ER floodlights.

For dinner with a view we love Maya's overlooking the water in Public -- magical views of the boats at anchor.

Eddy's has no view, but it is in the cool space category -- heavy teak and lush garden.

For lunch we favor Santa Fe -- great sea views or back to Eden Rock for Sand Bar and the view of St. Jean Bay.

Many more and others will chime in. Enjoy!

To add a little more specifics to my general request above, We were thinking about Le Serano, Eden Rock, and Hotel St. Barth for drinks.
Maya's, L'Isola and Santa Fe for dinner.

Hotel Toiny for brunch.

La Gloriette, Do Brazil, and Sand Bar at Eden Rock for lunch on the beach.

How is hotel Taïwana?

Thanks for the reply and I hope to hear some more.

Welcome pcolom1. Apparently you have done your due diligence already. I would add LaPlage for drinks and lunch. It's on a very popular beach and the vibe is very nice.

Hi PColom --La Plage is good for dinner too. Santa Fe lunch or dinner. In Gustavia Creperie, Repaire, Cote Port and Pipiri Palace come to mind. For upscale Italian in Gustavia there is L'Isola.

In Saline great food at L'Esprit and Meat and Potatoes. Gran de Sal is nice for lunch.

Just a few more for your list

by the time this thread is complete we will have named 90% of all restaurants in SBH
take the recommendations and then be adventurous and explore the island that we all love
and then write a post on your restaurant experiences

That's true, Henry.

So many good restaurants, so little time.

Eve, I just got carried away.

To add a little more specifics to my general request above, We were thinking about Le Serano, Eden Rock, and Hotel St. Barth for drinks.
Maya's, L'Isola and Santa Fe for dinner.

Hotel Toiny for brunch.

La Gloriette, Do Brazil, and Sand Bar at Eden Rock for lunch on the beach.

How is hotel Taïwana?

Thanks for the reply and I hope to hear some more.

That's a pretty good list.

I enjoy lunch at Hotel Taïwana, and have Sunday lunch there regularly. As with all of the major hotels, lunch is pricey. I usually cost-average by having dinner at Andy and Hafida's Hideaway that night.

If I were to add just one restaurant to your list it would be Le Carré for either lunch or dinner. If I were to add two, the second would be L'Esprit de Jean Claude, again either for lunch or dinner.

big fan of le sereno here - why not stay for lunch versus just drinks? sashimi and sushi selections are great there if you like that.

you may want to pop in to Nikki Beach, too for a long, late lunch. sundays in january = too much FUN.

sounds like you're on the right track for dinner - l'isola is a standout IMO. bagatelle - fun, i wouldn't go there and expect a fantastic meal. it's not terrible, it's just really more about the party 11:30 and onward.

For a different perspective, more local and less Euros, you might want to try the below establishments. We love all three for their individual charms:

Eddy's
La Cantina
La Creperie

For good food and a cool view and space, I highly recommend Eden Rock for dinner. Get there early before sunset, have a drink while the night starts to come up, then enjoy a killer meal. It was my favorite place on the island. Have a great time! It's pretty hard to go wrong.

Thanks for all the recommendations. We are getting close to our trip and wanted to check back in to see if anyone had any other advice.

We plan on getting dinner at the following restaurants ...

Do Brazil, Maya's, L'Isola, Sante Fe and On The Rocks.

Lunch at Cheval Blanc, La Plage, La Gloriette, O'Corial, and Le Gaiac for brunch.

Are we missing any must-do places?

Also - where is the best place on the island for wine, cheese, charcuterie?

Thanks again for all the help.

A new (old) place just reopened called Tamarin. It's just off Saline beach. They have a lunch menu, afternoon snack menu and a dinner menu and serve food all day. Very cool setting, very good food and super friendly staff. Don't miss it!

There are a couple threads in this sub-forum that you should checkout for more info.

As for wine, cheese, etc........you'll probably be blown with the quality and variety and the grocery stores (Marche U across from the airport, Oasis in the little shopping center in L'orient). They served our needs nicely.