Change Fee on Winair

Maureenm

SBH Insider
Had to change my flights on Winair, same day, both ways, due to American airlines changing their times. I know there is a change fee but was hoping that it wouldn't be charged if you could prove that the international airlines changed your times. In the past, this has happened and change fees were waived. We usually take Winair but not sure if that time it was SBC.. $140... not happy. Have others had this change fee waived in these circumstances? thanks

Claudio was very courteous and prompt in responding to my email..he took care of me which will guarantee my loyalty to Win Air in the future.

Great to hear Claudio took care of you. We're flying Winair as well in November and will contact him if I run into any issues.

I'm surprised that Winair would have knowingly imposed a change fee for sane day departures given how in flux our major airlines now seem to be .Our flight to SXM in November has been changed 3 times now - and each time I've let Winair know and they have adjusted our flight time from SXM to SBH accordingly. Roslyn from Winair has been my contact and she's been fabulous - makes the change and simply sends me a new itinerary each time.

Claudio was very courteous and prompt in responding to my email..he took care of me which will guarantee my loyalty to Win Air in the future.

and that is the strength of a forum like this...kudos to Win Air - nicely done and leaves a good impression with many a reader and I suspect quite a few stalkers!

Yes,that's what I would have thought chazzay but I was told that it is much easier to waive the change fee if it is an airline that winair is associated with. They are not associated with American which then prompted the change fee. As you said, these airlines constantly change their scheduled times.. Makes it very difficult to book too far in advance. But Claudio was great .. and this forum has lots of power.

We paid $25 each to WinAir last year for change fees because of the connecting airline change. Now that we know about Claudio and calling Win Air directly, we will do so in the future. Thank you Forum Members!

Claudio has also helped us out on more than one occasion, righting the wrongs that American Airlines seems to be imposing on us from Right and left, or from right to wrong to be more specific. Perhaps Win Air is trying to change it's reputation from the "dependable" to the "friendly" airline! Works for me!!!! Thanks Claudio!!!

Does anyone know why AA does not have an agreement with Win Air to check bags to SBH? We use United to avoid this inconvenience.

I've been told recently that US Air has a baggage agreement with Winair. Perhaps when the merger shakes out that agreement will prevail with the new A/A.

Hi All

with the new American, there is no agreement, it seems that many of the mayor airlines dont see or recognise the importance of having the interline agreements, At Winair we try to convience them of the importance, but not successfull as yet, however we will continue working hard to convience them, it would be great that all travellers also right to there favoriate airlines and convience for these services

You can contact me anytime when a mayor airline changes and we will assist were we can once it is the same fare basis available, change fees will be waived

Claudio