Thread: Moab, Utah?

Moderator Joined: Jun 2003 Vélo, Virginia Posts: 16,823

Moab, Utah?

Probably not a ski destination, especially in the summer, does anyone have knowledge of things to do in Moab area?
    The best moderation is the least moderation.

SBH Member Joined: Mar 2005 Connecticut Posts: 84
    I believe you are not far Arches National Park. It is really quite spectacular. It is a beautiful part of the country hope you have fun! Bet it is pretty hot out there!

We're going to Vail tonight where it's very cool. Then we're off to hot, hot Moab for a few days.

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 52,003
    Loved Vail this time of year ...only lived twenty minutes from it
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 52,003
    On your way west to Moab, Glenwood Springs on RT 70 has some outrageous natural hot springs to see and sit in...Grand Junction will be
    your last big town to get provisions
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Alexandria, VA Posts: 5,247
    Tim - I'm assuming you know all about the mountain biking in Moab, right?

I had planned to go mountain biking, but one of the folks we came to visit was really into road biking. He knew a lot of paved bike trails, so I rented a high end Cervelo road bike to ride with him yesterday and today. The weather was perfect, the scenery spectacular. Bike rentals must be one of the largest businesses in this area. The Cervelo rented for $50/day, and it came with strict admonitions not to abuse either the carbon fiber or its paint job.

BTW. Our friends own and operate the Spanish Valley Vineyards and Winery. They have numerous excellent wines including a surprisingly tasty cherry wine. Their wines are served at several local restaurants in addition to on the site of the vineyards.
    http://www.moab-utah.com/spanishvalleywinery/

SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2003 Albany, NY Posts: 2,792
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    BTW. Our friends own and operate the Spanish Valley Vineyards and Winery. They have numerous excellent wines including a surprisingly tasty cherry wine. Their wines are served at several local restaurants in addition to on the site of the vineyards.
    http://www.moab-utah.com/spanishvalleywinery/
    Tim, I am headed out to Utah next week.....going to maybe Arches NP and Canyonlands with our son......did you ever get to Arches NP? May have to look up your friends winery if we are near there !
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance !

I have been all over there..Arches NP is awesome...GO

SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2003 Albany, NY Posts: 2,792
    Yes, it looks awesome.....my son has decided to take us on the White rim ( of the Green and the Colorado) around the Island of Sky......we are camping 2 nights, yahoo!
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance !

Try and do Devils Garden trail....and eat at the River Grill