44 Classic French Meals You Need To Try Before You Die - Buzzfeed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 972
I guess we were all drooling over the Crying Lamb to notice that they paired it with Profiteroles for dessert. Missy someone is always looking out for you :)

Charlotte

I guess we were all drooling over the Crying Lamb to notice that they paired it with Profiteroles for dessert. Missy someone is always looking out for you :)

Charlotte

While I don't eat Lamb (something about it being my last name kinda wigs me out..), Profiteroles are on the top of my "Why I Love French Food" list!

My first boudin noir was in St Barts at a restaurant in Creole Village whose name is long forgotten. NOLA was my 2nd taste.

Funny, Missy. My first boudin noir was in Les Saintes at the home of an old dear one. We were watching a freight boat unload and carried her boxes home from the dock. She invited us to dinner. We used to exchange Christmas cards, but they stopped coming a few years ago...

My first boudin noir was in St Barts at a restaurant in Creole Village whose name is long forgotten. NOLA was my 2nd taste.
We had it at Le Bananiers (?) in Colombier with Antoine and his wife last year. Yum!!!!!

There are some great ones on this list. I also am eyeing that "crying lamb". The recipe for the cod fritters looks good too. I love them, and it would be fun to make them sometime. Going to a dinner party next week hosted by some good (French) friends out here in the sticks. We are going to try the mussels.......yum!

Thanks for posting the link, Kevin! I found several recipes that I would like to try. With regard to the "crying lamb" are the red and green "capsicum" like red and green peppers?
For the record, I made profiteroles for the first time last week, and they were awesome! Maybe not as good as the ones at Santa Fe, and no swans, but the taste was really good. Still looking forward to the real thing next winter!

Given that the recipe linked to is an Aussie recipe, yes, capsicum in this context are red and green bell peppers. Some other recipes leave the peppers out.

If you've made Profiteroles then you're just an ingredient away from making an hors d'oeuvre called Gougères. It's the same basic recipe for the pâté à choux pastry dough, with shredded gruyère cheese added. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/gougeres-recipe.html. Likewise, pâté à choux is the pastry dough used for Eclairs, which reminds me that I bought two Eclairs at the local French gourmet shop today, and dessert is overdue...