Villa Blue Heaven (Wimco FUN)

Tracy

SBH Member
We stayed at this villa 5 years ago and absolutely loved it. We are considering staying here again next April but are being told that extensive mining is taking place below it in the valley.
I just stayed at villa DSA in July, also in St Jean but not on the valley side and heard nothing. Can anyone give me any details as to the mining in April and is it really a nuisance. A Wimco Rep from the UK is requiring in writing that we would except the noise and not request to move. My friends in England are taking the lead on this booking.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Mining? I don't think so.

Two possibilities come to mind. One is rock crushing/sorting. If you follow the road down from FUN towards Saline, to the stop sign at the bottom, there is now an industrial facility of some sort on the far corner, where rocks and gravel are processed. I don't know if noise from that could be making its way up to the villa. The other possibility is that a lot is being cleared for a villa, and one of the "ack-ack" rock drills is operating nearby.

The industrial facility doesn't look like it is going away anytime soon. A rock drill will go away enventually, only to be replaced by ongoing construction noise. Whichever it is, if WIMCO is requiring that a noise waiver be signed, then I wouldn't go near the villa.