Can you use E boarding passes in SXM?

waynek

SBH Insider
Unfortunately we return home tomorrow. I am trying to issue boarding passes for my Westjet flight from SXM-YYZ but it won't issue me e boarding passes - perhaps because they aren't accepted at SXM? However I have checked in. Unfotunately the SBP office (my villa rental agency) closed at 1pm today as did the Internet place at Centre Alizes so I can't figure out where to print out paper boarding passes. We have no checked bags and wanted to avoid going through the main part of SXM and just use the in-transit security desk.

We fly on SBC out of SBH at 2pm tomorrow. Anyone have any ideas on how to get boarding passes? Maybe Gumbs or SBC could print them off for us? I don't think Westjet has a checkin desk at the in-transit area, do they?

Yes,you can check in on line, print Westjet boarding passes,and use them to avoid immigration,and use the transit security.Did exactly that two weeks ago,plus in April and December too
just remember to go to the Westjet gate,and show them your passport.They will be waiting for you

PS - westjet doesn't need a check in desk at the in transit.Dont worry about that .Just use the boarding passes,go through security.Spend some time in the lounge,but make sure to go to the gate a bit early to show your passport.You won't be able to enter the passport info when you check in on line 24 hrs in advance,like we can in Canada on the way down

The problem is the printing part. We don't have a printer at our villa and it seems like the places where I could get one printed, like the St Barth Properties office and the Internet Centre, closed at 1:30 since it is Saturday - and that was 26 hours before our flight. We are going for dinner at Eden Rock tonight so I will try to see if we can borrow a printer there.

I was able to put in all of the passport info just like on the way down - the only difference between now and then is that I don't have a printer and (perhaps) it won't issue an e-boarding pass.

Funny,it hasn't let us put in passport info recently.I'd advise to still show the passports at the gate,or they'll be paging you
i'd be surprised if the two women at the in transit security let you through with just an e boarding pass ,but if you can call it up without wifi,try it!
We just can't say enough good things about Westjet.We make multiple trips a year,and they are always surprising up with " good things"
On our way out of Ottawa a few weeks ago,the Westjet station manager saw our names on the manifest,and moved us up front to SXM,in recognition of the two day delay we had Jan 7-8, when Pearson was closed due to minus 40 temps( and that in spite of the fact that WJ had already compensated us extremely well for the January delay.)
In an age of deteriorating service,Westjet is truly amazing!

Westjet is OK, but I am Super Elite on Air Canada so I am used to the first class treatment with them as I fly Business class on lots of international flights. Compared to that Westjet is kind of roughing it, even in their Club seats.

Did AC business class for years.SBH via PTP,even in business, was terrible.We have completely given up on AC( want to buy several hundred thousand Aeroplan miles?- LOL!)

We fly on SBC out of SBH at 2pm tomorrow. Anyone have any ideas on how to get boarding passes? Maybe Gumbs or SBC could print them off for us? I don't think Westjet has a checkin desk at the in-transit area, do they?

As Michael has so kindly pointed out, I've sent a direct email to him with our SXM boarding pass information and there is an envelope is waiting for us when we check in at SBH. Another wonderful reason to use SBC if timing works out.