2015 Saint Barth Dental Meeting

evening

SBH Member
Dentists :D from around the world will be back on the island in 2015. January 19-23.

Please consider joining us if you're a dentist who loves St. Barth.

Fully accredited morning sessions and afternoons free to enjoy the island. :happytomad:

SaintBarthDental.com

Been going for a long time.
These from, 2007 and 2011

370680743_8cb044a1fa_o.jpg

1295663529-dds.jpg

Hey Eva, I should have warned you....

Eva and Ellen,
We have a lot of Newbies and/or people with short memories who apparently don't know of the wonderful history of this international association. Could it be a legitimate business deduction for a dentist? Sure. Did it foster great long-term relationships among people who would of otherwise not known one another? Undoubtedly.

And the dentist really do have sessions about one aspect of dentistry or another each morning, led by the special guest dentist of the year, who are all experts in their fields, and the island dentists often sit in as well... many come back year after year, and sure they get to mix a little beach in with it, but hey, why not?

I think that this is a great idea. I want my dentist to be doing continuing education, and why not combine tax-deductible business with pleasure? I've done something similar over the years, leveraging business travel for personal pleasure. Heck, if my company is willing to pay to fly me to X then I'm happy to pay to continue on to Y, or to stay an extra few days, or whatever. SBH has never figured into that, so perhaps I would have done better if I were a dentist.

PS - I do mention the St Barth Dental meetings to my dentist. Perhaps she'll attend when her kids are out of school.

Thank you for the warm welcome Tim and everyone! I was worried this would be considered spam and get me banned!

Thank you to anyone who said they would tell their dentist, or dental friends. Most of our dentists return year after year because they have met great friends - and the speakers are usually world renowned.

Dentistry on the island is so advanced, it's also good for visiting dentists to see what a local office looks like. Francois Chlous had cutting edge technology CEREC 20 years ago - I've still never it in action here in America.

I hope to carry on the meeting in my father's tradition. With the help of Harriet and Francois - and the speaker we have lined up - it should be a fabulous meeting.