Iles des Saintes

rock13

SBH Member
Good morning. Obviously this is not the Iles des Saintes forum, but I'm not sure how often that forum is looked at. Does anyone have any recent experience with Iles des Saintes? Is it better to be on a boat and sail around or more land based? Any good websites for information? It would be me and my wife, both mid 30s, for our 1 year anniversary. Looking to go in October. Neither of us speak French and that could be a major negative as from what I have read it is almost exclusively French spoken. Any tips, information would be great. Thank you!

Kenneth

les saintes has to be visited by boat; not much to do on the island itself , you'll probably get bored adter two days if you stay on the island..St Barth's is a city compares to les saintes in term of stuff to do.
BTW, It's a wonderfull place to rest and people are very nice, French spoken only.

Les Saintes is usually a day trip from Guadeloupe, 2 days max. It is beautiful though. Don't worry about the language, you'll make your way through. Lots of tourists on the island....

Of course sailing around is nice in that area, but not a necessity to enjoy Les Saintes.