Air Canada Rouge to SXM From 12/20

KevinS

Senior Insider
"As part of its Air Canada rouge winter schedule to Caribbean destinations, twice-weekly seasonal service from Toronto to St. Maarten, previously operated by Air Canada, will be converted to Air Canada rouge Boeing 767-300ER service effective December 20."

Tuesday and Saturday I think...

Air Transat on Saturdays.

Sunwing on Thursday and Sunday.

Westjet on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

Thanks Kevin, for keeping us Canadians apprised of the latest airline news! I've actually heard nothing but bad reviews about Air Canada Rouge - in fact, one of Canada's much-loved musical artists, Jann Arden, sent out a series of tweets yesterday about her flight from Las Vegas to Calgary.

https://twitter.com/jannarden/status/472126430814281728

I'll take WestJet any day - Air Canada is challenging at the best of times so to be packed in like sardines with their new Rouge -fitted airplanes - NO THANK YOU!

Thanks, Kevin - I missed this post.

Please keep in mind that WestJet's Thursday service is not available off-season (May to end of October). As well, I noticed their December Thursday flights get into SXM at shortly after 4pm which means no St. Barth Commuter (Winair though)

Chazzay1999 - I have had a couple friends who took Rouge & had similar complaints about the lack of space.

hey all,
I was going to post the "upgrade" in Air Canada service to SXM and saw someone beat me to the punch ;)
while the extra flight on Tuesdays is a bonus, the downgrade to Rouge is a bummer. Also I wish the times were a bit earlier both on AC and WS.
as a side note - my last trip a few months back on WS weren't especially comfy (I think WS has also reduced their seat pitch) but the 29 inches on Rouge are scary keeping myself on Westjet until a better option comes along...