What's on the agenda for Memorial Day weekend?

JEK

Senior Insider
How you are having better negotiations than this :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 573
I am helping our youngest daughter move into her apartment in Washington DC and visiting the memorials, with gratitude.

It's Fleet Week here in NY and if the lines aren't too long for a little one we would like to go see some ships up close and, more importantly, thank the sailors for their service.

When I was commuting to NYC for 5 days a week, for months on end, which I now refer to as the days when I was "doing hard time" in NYC, I loved Fleet Week. It cost me a bit in bar bills, but nobody in uniform paid a dime if I was in the house. I had a nephew at Annapolis at the time, and it was all good.

For those that know me in person, remind me sometime to tell you the story of USS Hue City visiting St Barth on a Thanksgiving port call. Karma - I bought a lot of beers, and it didn't cost me a dime.

Power washed both decks and re-stained one today.

10 mile fun run at 0700 tomorrow that finishes at the 50 yRd line of Soldier Field.

Dinner err with friends tomorrow night.

Sunday au chillin at home celebrating the 15th anniversary of when I met my wife.

Flew into Boston yesterday and are in Barrington for a weekend with our daughter and boyfriend. Enormous traffic issues getting from Logan to Barrington, so it took longer to drive the last bit than the flight from Richmond. Thankfully we had an interesting limo driver to entertain us on the 3 hour drive.