My Birthday Gift to SBH Lovers :-)

Terrance

SBH Insider
Sometimes you've got to give before you can get. So here is my birthday gift to all SBH lovers, SBH travellers and AirSXM clients...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/airstmaarten-s-shared-charters-to-st-barths-programme

I am experimenting with Crowdfunding and offering great savings to contributors.

I can use expensive bankcredit or I can raise funding via IndieGoGo.com to finance my expansion plans and give back this way something of value to contributors, making it a win-win for all.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/airstmaarten-s-shared-charters-to-st-barths-programme

If anyone has any experience with Crowdfunding, let me hear your stories as well.
It is an interesting new concept of funding to bypass traditional investing and lending institutions.
I am curious as to the impact as I am looking to improve the SBH experience by making it easier to get there hassle-free and with attractive and affordable fares created through community-based initiatives like this.

Terrance,
Crowdfunding is often done when one or more of the following occur:
1. Investors can see the potential for a return;
2. The investment offers an opportunity to make the world a better place- in other words a worthy cause that attracts the interest and passion of the investors;
3. Just to be a part of something fun- like backing a new band or a person with an innovative idea that is a long shop but would be great if it occurred.
There are other reasons as well.
It strikes me that maybe your concept could be more of one like maybe the Net Jets Concept, except the travel is limited to say SXM to SBH and back. You could sell preferred reservation priority for your members that guarantee passage at peak dates and times well in advance. Profiles of your members needs could be set up and for example if people come say on the same dates every year they know they don't have to go thru the hassle of Win-Air, St. Barth Commuter or Trade Winds etc. making the reservations. One call to you does it all.
Hope this is helpful and Good Luck!

Hi StBarthsHopper,

1. The perks contributors receive give them on average at least a 15% discount on the regular rates.
2. Happy SBH lovers make for a better world. Ha ha ha!!! :)
3. When we get our own plane, maybe I'll paint the names of the contributors on the aircraft. I know that one of our longtime clients wants the name of this hotel painted on the underside of the aircraft so that people can see the name whenever we take off and land. :)

I like this suggestion you've made...

It strikes me that maybe your concept could be more of one like maybe the Net Jets Concept, except the travel is limited to say SXM to SBH and back. You could sell preferred reservation priority for your members that guarantee passage at peak dates and times well in advance. Profiles of your members needs could be set up and for example if people come say on the same dates every year they know they don't have to go thru the hassle of Win-Air, St. Barth Commuter or Trade Winds etc. making the reservations. One call to you does it all.
Hope this is helpful and Good Luck!

I can always add this as a perk. It will be like taking out an insurance. We can call this perk a Priority Reservations Pass or an AirSXM Priority Passage. I like the idea. Good one!!!

Just need to figure what the premium should be. :)

Got this message via IndieGoGo.com from spammer I just had to share...:

Hello!
Could you use some help with your campaign?
For $5 I will contribute $1, leave a nice personal comment and share your campaign link on Facebook.
This will help your campaign get more views and potential backers, get a better position here and also raise its credibility and motivate others to contribute as well.
I can also help you improve and promote your campaign.
If you are interested visit the link below to order my service:
[link deleted]
Good luck with your campaign!

I guess some people will do anything for money. Ha ha ha!!! :D