Trip sadly drawing to a close

overwurked

SBH Member
It's with that sense of melancholy well known to those on this forum that I sit here overlooking Flamand from my perch at Villa ART realizing that our trip is racing quickly to its end. As with all trips to this magical place we reconnected with some old friends and made some new ones. We drank in the sun and quite a bit of rain, drank up more than our fair share of rose, played in the surf, added to our growing pearl collection and went to as many fabulous restaurants as possible- we didn't get everywhere but we gave it our best shot - Andy's, La Plage, L'Esprit de Jean Claude, Nikki, IDF, l'Isola, Tiawana, Santa Fe, l'Oulbi, Baz Bar, Mango and Spice- tonight back to La Plage and tomorrow we will just have to see...the journey home will be filled with thoughts of this wonderful trip and the germs of a plan for the next one. Our only regret - that we didn't get to see the eggs of the nesting Turtle Doves that we have been watching over hatch

Wonderful telling of memory highlights . . . and many, I would add! Always great to read of happy visits.

Every year we dread that last day of packing up and getting on the puddle jumper to SXM, which is a stark eye opener compared to the tranquility of SBH. Sorry it has to end. But soon you will be back!

In my experience, planning the next visit, even if you're only penciling in the dates, eases the pain. I've progressed to paying a deposit before I leave, which locks in my slot for my return visit to the same villa.