Lovely Lunch Today / Where are we?

LuckyKid

SBH Insider
image.jpg

Had one of our best meals of this trip, almost by accident. I don't think this place has had a recent review, if any.

We will provide a report, and will be coming back to this resto for certain. But first, where were we?

Excellent. It was either too easy, or I underestimated the players.

Review to follow soon. Sue and I were impressed by our lunch, the warm service and the restaurant itself. Pics and details to follow when we get home soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 564
Le Diamant has traditionally suffered from a lack of patrons, but I went there several times with friends when they opened with their first incarnation. Were there many other diners when you were there?

very pretty inside. I have never been there. its one of those restaurants that never quite took off. as they say in the real estate world, location, location,location.

In its previous ownership the food and service was very good. No customers tho as Tim said. This year there was no deviation for the Fun cup because of the new parking lot so it didn't get the face time it needed. Only the islanders or tourist regulars know where it is but out of sight and all that.

It's located behind the pond in St Jean. Most people only pass by it during major events in St Jean, when traffic is one way towards Gustavia on the main road, and eastbound traffic is forced to divert past the fire station and the sports complex.

We, too, liked it when it first opened. However, in addition to its off-the-beaten path location, it has a couple of other disadvantages---it is large so it appears empty even with several diners; if it were a more intimate space that would not be obvious. Also, it has no view and doesn't get any walk-by traffic. A shame really because they certainly have made an effort. Do local people support it?

We have noticed it as one stated above when there was the roadwork and there were detours. It just never looked that inviting given all of the other competing places to go on the island.

We ate at this restaurant for the first time in February 2007. It was very good, but had the same problem of lack of customers mentioned above. We ate there a couple more times, but it has now been years since we went. I seem to remember that it once became a pizza place. What's the menu like now?