Advice for 1st time visitors

jbell

My wife and I are visiting island for 1st time in ~2 weeks. Here is tentative list of restaurants:

Lunch: Le Gaiac, Santa Fe, La Plage, Casa de I'lsle
Dinner: L' Esprit, Le carre, Eddys, Wall House, Hideaway

Questions:

1) Would any of these restaurants be better suited for the meal we have not selected (for example, dinner for Le Gaiac instead of lunch)?
2) What is the optimal time to eat dinner? we were assuming 8:00 or later, so we could enjoy day at beach and not be rushed. However, would eating during or closer to sunset significantly improve the dinner experience?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum jbell!

I would move Le Gaiac into the dinner list with the exception of Sunday brunch. Sand Bar would be an excellent substitute.
You should also know that Wall House changed hands this week, so a report on the new owner and menu would be appreciated.

8 is a perfectly civilized time for dinner as nothing opens before 7 and the sunset this time of year is around 18h30m.

Also, many of the menus may be found here: www.alacarte-stbarth.com

Have fun on your trip!

Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 11.08.56 PM.jpg

I agree with JEK in general, but I might suggest Hotel Taïwana as an alternate substitute for lunch at Le Gaïac. Everything else is spot on.

We also love Santa Fe at dinner as well as La Case De l'Isle. If you go to La Case for lunch, ask for a table on the beach, which are all in the shade, and you will eat with your feet in the sand. If you go to Santa Fe on a Thursday, and ask in advance when you make your reservation, you can have fresh mussels- moules.

If u can, fit in

lunch at - isle de france
dinner at - mayas

mmmmm mmmm good!

i just got my next trip booked for end of June, uuu baby!

thanks for the feedback. suggestions for best place to experience sunset? I am told Shell Beach.