Lazy Day in SF ?

katva

Senior Insider
In an earlier thread, we figured out where we will most likely be eating.....I'm now wondering if anyone has a great idea of what to do for a lazy, non-tourist -site -hopping day in the city (or nearby). My inclinations are(based on past trips, from long ago ---- no pun intended:cool:-)--- a leisurely nap in Golden Gate Park.....same out on ChinaBeach ( last time I was there was over20 years ago...) .....or???? Early May, so not really super warm. Hang out in the Marina???? I'll be on my own til my sister arrives late evening. :)

If someone were to ask me a similar question about DC, I would advise Dumbarton Oaks....just to give a measure......

Walk around the Palace of Fine Arts and eat lunch there on a bench next to the lake. Stroll leisurely in The Japanese Tea Gardens. Walk around Pacific Heights -- Broadway, Pacific, Washington, Jackson -- and enjoy the storybook architecture of Victorian San Francisco. Have a drink in the bar of the Campton Place Hotel. Take a ferry to Sausalito and have lunch at Poggio Trattoria. Visit the Brundy Asian Art Collection. So much to do!

Jot down anything else of interest-we will be there a day in June. I like the above suggestions too.

How about Muir woods and/or Mt Tam?
Saturday morning we drive up to Eureka, and run the Avenue of the Giants 1/2 Marathon on Sunday....through a spectacular Redwood forest---so I was thinking a bit more city-ish for my lazy Friday:)
I think the ferry to Sausalito and a late lunch at Poggio Trattoria is a winning idea (actually already made a rez.), and then a stroll through the Tea Gardens sounds perfect before picking my sister up at SFO....Thanks!!!