Thread: Lazy Day in SF ?

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 4,769

Lazy Day in SF ?

In an earlier thread, we figured out where we will most likely be eating.....I'm now wondering if anyone has a great idea of what to do for a lazy, non-tourist -site -hopping day in the city (or nearby). My inclinations are(based on past trips, from long ago ---- no pun intended-)--- a leisurely nap in Golden Gate Park.....same out on ChinaBeach ( last time I was there was over20 years ago...) .....or???? Early May, so not really super warm. Hang out in the Marina???? I'll be on my own til my sister arrives late evening. :)

If someone were to ask me a similar question about DC, I would advise Dumbarton Oaks....just to give a measure......

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 5,231
    Walk around the Palace of Fine Arts and eat lunch there on a bench next to the lake. Stroll leisurely in The Japanese Tea Gardens. Walk around Pacific Heights -- Broadway, Pacific, Washington, Jackson -- and enjoy the storybook architecture of Victorian San Francisco. Have a drink in the bar of the Campton Place Hotel. Take a ferry to Sausalito and have lunch at Poggio Trattoria. Visit the Brundy Asian Art Collection. So much to do!

That's perfect! I'll have a car, so will park and do 1/2 of that.....:)

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 25,411
    Jot down anything else of interest-we will be there a day in June. I like the above suggestions too.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 51,677
    Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    Jot down anything else of interest-we will be there a day in June. I like the above suggestions too.
    Phil and sil are communicating on your dining options :)
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party -- June 5, 2023

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Alexandria, VA Posts: 5,262
    How about Muir woods and/or Mt Tam?

Quote Originally Posted by Bart -my real name- View Post
    How about Muir woods and/or Mt Tam?
    Saturday morning we drive up to Eureka, and run the Avenue of the Giants 1/2 Marathon on Sunday....through a spectacular Redwood forest---so I was thinking a bit more city-ish for my lazy Friday:)
    I think the ferry to Sausalito and a late lunch at Poggio Trattoria is a winning idea (actually already made a rez.), and then a stroll through the Tea Gardens sounds perfect before picking my sister up at SFO....Thanks!!!