Les Voiles Friday

elgreaux

Senior Insider
very high winds today, one of the boats, Bella Mente, broke its mast and the race was called to get them safely back to shore...

voilesmast.jpg

mast1.jpg

mast2.jpg

one of the local St Barth boats, Raphael Magras' 34' Maelia has been sailing very well, with my brother in law Bruno on the crew... everyone's back on the water this afternoon with one more day of racing tomorrow...

maelia.jpg

Attachments

• mast2.jpg
    mast2.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 576
Maelia is very pretty! Belle Mente is a new boat, built at the boatyard next door in RI to where Katva's parents boat was built.

Ouch! What a shame, and yes, a very pretty boat. I believe that true sailors don't mind the description of "pretty" for a boat.

Rosemary---- that part of the world produces excellent boats.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 522
... Bella Mente, broke its mast and the race was called to get them safely back to shore...one of the local St Barth boats, Raphael Magras' 34' Maelia has been sailing very well ...one more day of racing tomorrow...

Raphael's X-34 looks like it enjoyed yesterday's breeze - may be more of the same today for him to hold on to his current first in class ... sail well ...

sat.jpg

from Bella Mente:

bm.jpg

Belle Mente has a few spare masts...,different world :), unsure how close they are to Gustavia... I imagine their next event is Antigua Race Week...