I'm at an impasse

c2rh

I'm looking for a villa for next year from January 7 to March 18. I'm willing to pay about $1000 a week and am having no luck. Any suggestions? c2rh :uncomfortableness:

c2rh -- Welcome to the forum! As you can probably tell from Eve's prompt reply, your budgeted rate may be unattainable at a traditional villa. There are some long-term rentals on the island that might work for your extended stay. I found these listed in the daily online newspaper - Le News. https://www.facebook.com/NewsStBarth
No maid service and probably no way of seeing the place before renting.

There may also be a hotel option that fits your budget in Gustavia.

Screen Shot 2014-04-11 at 5.18.23 PM.jpg

Yeah, at low season I think that wouldn't be too hard to attain, but in high season that would be quite difficult. If you do manage it, please share with the rest of us what you find. :)

The cheapest room at the Sunset Hotel in high season is $1,029 a week, including tax, at the current exchange rate. That is one room, no windows, no kitchen. But that apartment is a possibility.

The shortest answer is............................ "Change your dates"

Low season April 15-Dec 15 ( you can find a 1 bedroom villa in the 1000-2000/wk range)
High season Jan 15-April 15
INSANE season Dec 15-Jan 15 (give or take a few days) - 2 week minimums, inflated prices everywhere