Thursday

RickyG

Senior Insider
Lorient. I like this town. I like this beach.

Shack-web.jpg

Very nice, Ricky . . . it captures the simplicity of Lorient's relatively undeveloped world.

Your pictures are wonderful. I was wondering if you would mind sharing what equipment you use. It appears you must be using some type of filter as the clarity and depth of the colors is so good.

Your pictures are wonderful. I was wondering if you would mind sharing what equipment you use. It appears you must be using some type of filter as the clarity and depth of the colors is so good.

Merci
I think my favorite camera for down here was a Canon G10 which I killed after about 2 years, couldn't handle the weather. Now I use Nikons (D80 D90 D7000) and a Sigma DP1 , but I will use any camera that has RAW capability. I don't use filters on camera, because I think filters remove digital information?
I shoot RAW, and I bracket almost everything making 3 exposures: under exposed, correctly exposed and over exposed (w/ rapid shutter release). So I have a lot of information to play with and I can pull detail from the shadows and the hot spots. I do post production with layer adjustments in Photoshop CC. Pretty much I stack layers of the same image with different exposures and mask in the values I want from each exposure....then flatten into a final image.

Software I use: HDR Efex Pro - Silver Efex Pro and Photomatix, which are plug-ins for Photoshop.

Ricky is a magic man when it comes to keeping us supplied with the most spectacular photos of all our favorite places on that isle! Merci' RG

In addition to this angle for this super shot, I love the opposite end of Lorient too-

Ricky's photos make me feel. I like that. His combination of composition with technological know-how is crazy impressive. Kinda like using oils, acrylics, pastels, watercolors and pencil all in the same painting! There's so much texture and depth to his work. I'm a fan.