The Fence Thing

RickyG

Senior Insider
Went over to St Jean this morning to get a look at the runway fence for myself. Seems to be a decent compromise to me. The fence creates a visual reinforcement of the fact that this is a runway approach, and potentially hazardous.

Canz-web.jpg

At the same time, it does not interfere with walkers....there is plenty of room to walk the beach.

Fenz-web.jpg

It also appears that the authorities are serious about enforcement. Since it was early, I decided to make a few images of the blue marker lights at the end of the runway. I like the way the light hits them in the morning. Anyway, I spent maybe 40 seconds popping off a few shots and quickly walked away. As soon as I got back to the water 2 vehicles came flying down the runway, lights flashing, sirens, horns....the works. They stopped, got out, gave me a look and then went on their way.

Copz-web.jpg

Having spent a lot of time on St Jean, watching the insanity that can take place by the runway, I think this is a step in the right direction.

Excellent first-hand report! Please come back to test when the motion detectors and cannons are installed :)

Nice embedded work and a classic example of photo journalism at its very best.

IMHO

Excellent first-hand report! Please come back to test when the motion detectors and cannons are installed :)

Water cannons, I hope. :cool:
Does seem to preserve the statutory 10 meter (as I recall) public access to the littoral, though I don't imagine that applies to certain government installations.

Great reporting and update Ricky..glad you didn't get scolded :) I hope they do, indeed, enforce what they have now tried to accomplish

Troublemaker! At least you gave the fire dept. some practice.....and , at least you kept your clothes on ! :cool: