Jean Georges Eden Rock

ER isn't a JGV restaurant, he just is a consultant on the menu. Ask Manu as he seems to eat at Santa Fe more than ER :)

I was on the Jean-Georges website to make a reservation over the weekend and noticed it lists Sand Bar and On the Rocks as Jean-Georges restaurants. http://www.jean-georges.com/

This is a really interesting list for me, having just returned from the St Regis Bahia Beach, where his name is on everything having to do with Fern Restaurant, which is not on this website!

Sand Bar and On the Rocks most certainly are J-GV menu creations. Phil and his wife Luz are always talking about it. Insider-y, I know.

Interestingly, the Eden Rock website lists JGV as their Executive Chef.

Wasn't this topic recently (and painfully) disected in another thread?

I haven't eaten at the ER JGV restaurant but Jean-Georges in NYC is our favorite "splurge" special-occasion restaurant and we also adore the sister restaurant, Nougatine. We had a delightful SBH Forum ladies dinner there a few years ago. Nougatine also has a wonderful lunch prix-fixe which is a great value.

Interestingly, the Eden Rock website lists JGV as their Executive Chef.

It does. Taking license with usual understanding of term, I'd say.
J-GV's website refers to the Eden Rock gig as a "collaboration". I'd guess concept and menu designed by J-GV.

I'll add my thoughts, just having returned from On The Rocks on Saturday and Sand Bar on Tuesday.

On the Rocks - Food and ambience were terrific! Mushroom Risotto appetizer for me; Foie Gras app for my husband. Both terrific! I chose the simply grilled lobster for my entree; not the best I've had, but still better than most. Bill had grilled large prawns for his entree - very good!

Sand Bar - a simple lunch of their famous Lobster Salad, a Turkey Sandwich, Frites and a couple of refreshing vodka lemonade cocktails, with after lunch espresso Martini's and an assortment of Passion Fruit, Mango and Lime Sorbet. Truthfully, I enjoyed my lunch at Sand Bar better than dinner at the top of the Rock.

My favorite meal of the trip - fettuccine Bolognese at L'Isola. Bill loved L'Esprit the best. (His Grouper special was sans bones, while mine had too many, which ruined the fish for me. But we loved the outdoor setting and friendly vibe!)

Here are a few from On the Rocks...
13761810505_da5bcefe73_m_d.jpg
13762185884_f938a15439_m_d.jpg
13761810055_6b5a61194c_m_d.jpg
13761827623_7458d837b3_m_d.jpg

Thanks for the report. Your opinion mirrors mine-lunch at Sand Bar the best place to dine at Eden Rock.