SIM Cards - yet another phone question

Rascal

SBH Insider
I believe that the 2 main carriers on the island are Dauphin and Orange?

My question is do either of them sell the newer MICRO - SIM Cards or
do they still only sell the older Full Size SIM cards?

This can be a problem for people with newer unlocked phones.

There's a 3rd company too, perhaps Digicel? It is located across from Boulangerie Choisy, while Dauphin is located next to Boulangerie Choisy. For my iPad, Dauphin cut down a SIM. They sell the iPhone 5, so they either have micro-SIMs, or they have the ability to cut down a larger SIM.

I used Dauphin, and you are exactly right-- they can cut down a normal sized SIM no problem. Worked like a charm for me.

There's a 3rd company too, perhaps Digicel? It is located across from Boulangerie Choisy, while Dauphin is located next to Boulangerie Choisy. For my iPad, Dauphin cut down a SIM. They cell the iPhone 5, so they either have micro-SIMs, or they have the ability to cut down a larger SIM.

iPhone 5 uses the nano SIM.

Micro SIM's are so popular nowadays that either you'll find someone with a cutter or they've already switched to the SIM cards that are pre-cut to the micro-size inside the ordinary SIM card (so works for "full" size and micro, the real full size SIM card from the 90's is actually the huge credit card sized thing -- there used to be phones that used them..).

As one cannot pre-cut both nano and micro-sim from a standard sim, you need to make sure you tell the telco/reseller if you have an iPhone 5/5S or iPad Mini and they'll cut or give you the one with nano+standard sim. All the other devices, including the latest full-size iPad, work with the micro+standard sim.