Are there any gardens to visit in St Barths?

Victoria

I am interesting in visiting botanical gardens, or other private gardens that are open for tours. Any suggestions?

Easy Time is taking a six-month pause in its activities as of May 1... Helene plans to start up again in November 2014...

Ellen, I noticed the same, but not knowing Victoria's dates to visit, I thought
I'd give out the info. Do you gave any other ideas on how to address her query?

Ellen, I noticed the same, but not knowing Victoria's dates to visit, I thought
I'd give out the info. Do you gave any other ideas on how to address her query?

Not really, there really aren't any gardens to visit that I know of on the island, lack of land, lack of water, etc... some people have interesting cactus collections but not open to the public... Rosita might have some ideas?

Maybe we need to put together a walking tour of plants. I know Tim has posted that beautiful mango in Colombier and there are some other great things to see over there headed to the lookout.

JEK_4771.jpgJEK_4772.jpgJEK_4769.jpg

It was taken in Colombier on the way to the lookout, very close to La Pigeonnière, a small market that is well marked.

Probably between the points marked 54 and 55 on this map

restos-island.jpg

P1000681.jpg

Victoria, are you willing to forsake your wheeled transportation and observe the local flora on foot? The Point Milou neighborhood can be especially lovely, but much more so via a slow stroll. Above is a photo of a garden in St. Jean that would never be appreciated unless on foot.

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone! I am so thrilled with how helpful everyone has been on this forum we have done so much planning for our trip through the helpful tips on it.