M & P with friends

didier

Senior Insider
This was the first time dining at meat & potatoes for me, I find the name strange but the food was good. we arrived around 8 and the staff was very friendly and let us choose the table, which we did change after linda and bill arrived. we all decided we wanted to be closer to the front part of the restaurant. dda & bill had the lamb chops and linda the filet mignon, I had a salad and soup ( new diet) ambiance and food was exceptional. I would definitely go back. while we were there a woman said she was bitten by a scolopendra (centipede), she was sitting by the window, she screamed a couple of times and was moved to another table, she requested that her dinner be free. I have a few pics of the night ( none of the scolo)

Attachments

• a m&p 004.jpg
    a m&p 004.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 441
  • a m&p 007.jpg
    a m&p 007.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 443
a couple more pics of the evening

Attachments

• a m&p 005.jpg
    a m&p 005.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 440
  • a m&p 008.jpg
    a m&p 008.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 437
after dinner. I snuck around to the open window where she was sitting. and gave her a little " bug tickle" in the shoulder! no screams and her company got a kick out if it:triumphant:

Looks good. Next visit I think I will pass on the delicious Wagyu steak and try those great looking lamb chops.

after dinner. I snuck around to the open window where she was sitting. and gave her a little " bug tickle" in the shoulder! no screams and her company got a kick out if it:triumphant:

yes, they actually moved her to another open window seat....too funny

Coincidentally one of our favorite restaurants in Pittsburgh is called Meat & Potatoes...and its wonderful. Very different type of menu, lots of small plates like bone marrow, etc. We haven't tried the one in St Barth but will have to add it to our list after all the great reviews.

We learned last trip that the meat servings are so large it is enough to share

We have shied away from the restaurant because of the name also. Who wants to go to St. Barth for Meat and Potatoes? The reviews on the Forum though have been consistently good and surprisingly we have heard they have excellent fish. It is a tough call between E'Spirit and Grain de Sel though and GDS has the extra attraction of the iguanas and tortoises! WE will give M&P a try on our next visit!