March 26, 2014, Dinner at Pipiri

phil62

Senior Insider
A great evening to be in Gusatvia where the harbor and quay were ablaze in lighted masts and beautiful glowing ships. Glad we overcame the fear of no parking available and enjoyed the night in town.

We dined at Pipiri Palace and enjoyed the company of LindaP, a really good dinner with host Rodrigue and server Regine. The Blues music in the background was a perfect dining enhancer.

The goat cheese raviolis sitting in a mushroom sauce with steamed veggies was sensational.
I had an old favorite. The goat cheese wrapped in thin pastry crust with walnuts on a bed of salad was as good asIi remembered.
The salad special of sliced mango and heirloom tomtato wedges in a balsamic dressing was amazing.

And our wine, a Chateu Neuf de Pape 2009 went well with all the dishes.

6-2014-03-27.JPG

The grilled mahi mahi came with a Creole sauce, white rice and a Christofine croquette

1-P1010353.JPG
The duck came two ways-confit and sliced breast, Magret. The Christofine and potato croquettes accompanied this dish.

2-P1010354.JPG

The grilled rack of lamb was tender and came with a mint sauce for dipping.
3-P1010355.JPG

The desserts were also terrific. The warm chocolate fondant with vanilla ice cream and a blend of chocolate and vanilla sauces was delicious.
4-P1010357.JPG

And the vanilla ice cream with its thick covering of salted caramel sauce and crumbly thin cookie topping was also outrageously good.

5-P1010358.JPG

Overall, a fun dining spot and a very enjoyable dinner experience.

It's very nice to see repeated favorable commentary at Pipiri . . . a stalwart of Gustavia dining. Is the "Regin" that you mention Pierre's widow? As I recall, she used to run the shop next to the restaurant.

I'm sick we didn't get to try this place when we were there in June. This was the first place my dad recommended when I asked for their favorite spots. I'm glad it's back open and doing well though. And blues music to boot! Can't go wrong.

Wow, looks great! I have heard the ribs are really good there. Anyone care to comment?
That is our first stop 2 weeks from tonight!

We dined at Pipiri on Sat. March 22, 2014 and loved our meals there. My husband had the grilled mahi mahi, and I had the shrimp a la creole, which were shrimps in a coconut sauce. We had a glass of beau de provence, and splurged and shared the moelleux au chocolat for dessert. Yum! This trip, we chose all new restaurants where we had not eaten before, and found all of our meals to be exceptional! We dined at Le Repaire, Le Carre, Le Pipiri, La Creperie, Andy's, and L'Esprit de Jean Claude. Next time, we will do this again, as there are so many to choose from.

As Phil is always saying, "So many restaurants, so little time." Glad you broadened your dining base and found so many new and wonderful restaurants.

Had the duck a couple of nights before you were there. Very very tasty. Much tastier than the roquette salad I had as the starter. Papiri is a great place.

I'm sure it's super tasty, never tried, but looks messy on the plate, i like when the food is more clean looking when plated

mea culpa. I promise to not make that mistake again. Were you a catholic school teacher in a former life? I'm getting flashbacks.:wink2:

NO, but I figure if you are going to pontificate on something, at least know how to spell it...:evil:

Err. I'm sorry, but I didn't think I was pontificating on anything. I was agreeing with the OP. If there's no room for typos here, I will refrain from posting in the future.