the worst is yet to come???

MIke R

Senior Insider
well..the plan was to go to the Cape later on this week..work on the boat a bit..and catch Johnny Hoy and the Bluefish at a local bar on Saturday....

not so sure now...

Blizzard watch issued as storm heads up coast

Heaviest snow likely on Cape Cod, islands

UPDATED 12:36 PM EDT Mar 24, 2014

BOSTON —A blizzard watch was issued early Monday for parts of Massachusetts for a monster spring snowstorm that is forecast to move up the East Coast. However, current computer models push the nor'easter to the east, sparing much of the state from its impact.

"The ocean storm will become intense, but will track far enough east to spare most of us the worst," said Storm Team 5 meteorologist Harvey Leonard.
Latest weather forecast | Real-time Storm Team 5 updates
The storm that arrives late Tuesday night will bring high winds and blizzard-like conditions well south of Boston, with the highest risk for heavy snow now forecast for southeastern Massachusetts and the Cape and the Islands.

The blizzard watch is in effect from Tuesday night into Wednesday afternoon for Cape Cod and the islands.
Hour-by-hour snow futurecast
"The biggest impacts will be in southeastern Massachusetts," StormTeam 5 meteorologist Cindy Fitzgibbon said. "Wednesday morning is going to be quite tough with winds and snow."
The storm was called "potentially dangerous," by the National Weather Service, noting the possibility of blizzard conditions between Hyannis and Chatham on the eastern part of Cape Cod, as well as Nantucket.
"Northerly wind gusts of 45 to 60 mph could result in downed tree limbs and power lines," the weather service said. "Blowing and drifting of snow may be an issue as well."
"Only very light amounts of snow are likely north and west of Boston," said Leonard.
Forecasters caution that fluctuations in the storm track are possible, which could change what areas get the most snow.
Current forecasts call for 6 to 12 inches of snow on Cape Cod, 4 to 8 inches in southeastern Massachusetts and just 2 to 4 inches in the Boston area. Far north and west of Boston will see little snow.
However, a shift in the track of only 50 miles could result in heavy snow inland, or pushing the heavy snow out over the ocean.
The National Weather Service issued a coastal flood watch for Wednesday morning for the north side and ocean side of Cape Cod and the northern and eastern shorelines of Nantucket.
Minor to moderate coastal flooding is possible, the weather service said.
Photos: Remembering the April Fool's Blizzard
A major spring snowstorm is not unheard of. In 1997 Boston received 25.4 inches from the April Fool's Day blizzard. It is the city's fourth-heaviest snowfall.

we re closing the mountain in 14 days and we honestly have enough snow to go to May if we wanted to

so its moot here...que sera?..sera

I had plans for Fire Island this coming weekend...have some repairs to do pre-opening...we shall see.

Stay home and ski..temps are suppose to be great here. What??? You don't want to ski?? :tongue:

on the weekend??

are you serious???

uh....no thanks....why would I want to???..its crowded on weekends and I am usually out on the mountain during the week...:cool:

yeah..or that....LOL

which I would still prefer over skiing with the flatlanders in jeans and NFL parkas.....:tongue:

no - they go straight to the apre ski bars and get sloppy drunk...

we get their wives/girlfriends.....they are our staple demographic..always have been
So, you really like the jeans NFL parkas as customers :cool:

It's honkin' on the Cape and Islands, but only 22mph gusting to 34 here inland. Nary a flake in sight here, different story on the Cape.

It's honkin' on the Cape and Islands, but only 22mph gusting to 34 here inland. Nary a flake in sight here, different story on the Cape.
talking to a few people who tell me its REAL bad....worried about my boat...dont think my tarps will stay on in 60 MPH winds

ACK this morning

10151325_757477557603479_1828668679_n.jpg

This is a real shame - it should be up with Mike where it belongs! Nothing here at all except some very gusty winds, temp low 20's and dark sky.