Buffett sells Margaritaville Stores

PIRATE40

Senior Insider
Jimmy has completed the sale of his Margaritaville restauants and stores,with the exception of Orlando and Las Vegas, and will maintain 50% ownership in those two.
This kind of tells the tale...

slide_close.jpg

I can't believe he sold the KW store & resto. We heard about it a few weeks ago. Personally, I thought he should have put a resto in the spot that Fast Buck Freddie used to be. He could have the corner open up and have a much better bar and stage than the tiny place that is there. It's really underwhelming for it to be the signature café & store.

Are you going down to SBH in June?

Carol...yep, 5/31-6-10......but before that we're off the West Palm to see Jimmy, then a few days down in key West........are you going to the US Virgin Islands instead of SBH???? I suppose you will be going to Great Woods? One of my employees was the manager of the store in Key West a while back...she is shocked.....

We stopped in the restaurant in Key West last week. It was busy but didn't offer anything that caused us to want to stay with all of the competition on Duval Street.

I just heard from a Key West aquaintance that it is just the food part of Margaritaville that has been sold, not the "stores"....Only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong.....

Ron, we will be on sbh from 4/30 -5/9 then we fly to STT to take the ferry over to STJ for the villa rental with the group. CAN'T WAIT!!!

You know we'll be at GW! Not really too excited about a July show, especially since we'll have to leave the Cape while we're on vaca.
sounds like you and Kathy will have fun.

Jimmy Why!!!

I just discovered you sold your flagship store in Key West! You can't you are my lifeline to Key West. I was at all of the MEETING OF THE MINDLESS from the start and would stay in KW for a month. Sometimes when I'm not feeling great I go online to Margaritaville. There isn't to much stuff in the store that I don't have. Mostly new items! I read a comment from a couple who said they went into the main store but it wasn't what they expected. That a shop on Duval St. had more items. The main store is on Duval so what shop do they mean? I haven't been able to get to AC yet. Being sick with a chronic disease, I have Lupus and now I go to Drs in Boston at a combined research hospital with Harvard, Brigham & Women's Hospital. So how do I find all the little chachkies I spend too much money on? He isn't going to retire I hope not. I have benn listening to Jimmy since 1977 when I lived in Tampa for a while. There was no store, no Parrot Heads. Jimmy was a bar band and just about no one here in PA.had ever heard of heard from Jimmy Buffett when I first moved home. Maybe at least sell stuff online because I need a place to buy nonimportant fun things from. What about a small online store! Have an online shop not as much overhead! Thanks...m

I just discovered you sold your flagship store in Key West! You can't you are my lifeline to Key West. I was at all of the MEETING OF THE MINDLESS from the start and would stay in KW for a month. Sometimes when I'm not feeling great I go online to Margaritaville. There isn't to much stuff in the store that I don't have. Mostly new items! I read a comment from a couple who said they went into the main store but it wasn't what they expected. That a shop on Duval St. had more items. The main store is on Duval so what shop do they mean? I haven't been able to get to AC yet. Being sick with a chronic disease, I have Lupus and now I go to Drs in Boston at a combined research hospital with Harvard, Brigham & Women's Hospital. So how do I find all the little chachkies I spend too much money on? He isn't going to retire I hope not. I have benn listening to Jimmy since 1977 when I lived in Tampa for a while. There was no store, no Parrot Heads. Jimmy was a bar band and just about no one here in PA.had ever heard of heard from Jimmy Buffett when I first moved home. Maybe at least sell stuff online because I need a place to buy nonimportant fun things from. What about a small online store! Have an online shop not as much overhead! Thanks...m

Jimmy doesn't live here anymore. Dennis banned him.