Every Picture Tells A Story

amyb

Senior Insider
P1010132.JPG

Drove to Corossol to Amanda Querrard's craft boutique to pick up this hand painted sign. She is a talented new artist and a visit to this shop for a souvenir of St Barth is a good thing to do. Plenty of parking and the area has a lot of photo ops-the sea, the boats, and the shop.

Very nice! Amanda is indeed a talented artist in many arenas: jewelry, furniture, fashion, painting, etc.

Wanted to give another nod to Shells in Corrosol - remembering Amy's recommendation, and on the advice of Rosita, we visited yesterday, and came away with some really lovely and unique pieces of jewelry, for a very reasonable price. A little off the beaten path, but well-worth a visit!

Thanks for this heads up...that will be toward the top of our list on our next visit. Where is this shop located in Corossol?

Diane, I'll let Amy provide better directions - the best I can say is that when you take the hill down to Corossol, turn right, and head down to the water. When you get to the end, make another right and it's a few doors down. My husband wasn't convinced we'd find it! Here is one of the pieces I found, so unique and fun!image.jpg

get down to the water, hang a right and park. The store is charming and welcoming with many items. Amanda lets you touch and feel and try on-she is a wonderful artist and a salesperson.

This sign in the photo is now safe at home on Long Island. When Rick gets back I plan to order Rick's great GHOST photo to accompany it on his wall.

I know the area..thanks for the directions. We have never gone any farther than the water but will explore a bit more next time.

Never knew there was anything more than the water and the Au Regal restaurant. We will go on our next trip. Thanks for the tip!

Corossol is full of little places and things worth exploring, a cute little grocery next to Au Regal that has a lot of the straw work done on the island, the furniture store Dreamtime with a lot of stuff from Bali etc.. a few of the older ladies will set out their straw hats and baskets from time to time (must speak French and exact change is a good idea, or shop at the grocery)... There's also La Santoise pizza....it's a vibrant little village.. sadly the shell museum is now closed...

Corossol is one of the last nooks on the island where one could even begin to imagine life way back in the day. In my humble opinion, one should be reverent there. Language, demenor, attitude. Smiles and a low key pace are rewarded in kind.

Agreed . . . Corossol is a unique time capsule & wonderfully colorful & gentle environment. So sad that M. MAGRAS passed away . . . and, it seems, his Shell Museum with him.

Oh No, the shell museum is closed?!!!!:-( we have never been there but have always wanted to go. So sad.

Amy thanks for posting this. I can't wait to go. I hope she takes A/E....or maybe it would be a good thing''

If the door is locked during open hours, just knock. She's more than likely off-site creating another masterpiece and (hopefully) you'll be greeted by her charming boyfriend. I'm sorry, but his name escapes me.

Oh No, the shell museum is closed?!!!!:-( we have never been there but have always wanted to go. So sad.

Amy thanks for posting this. I can't wait to go. I hope she takes A/E....or maybe it would be a good thing''

Cash only, unfortunately!