My top 5 picks for Best Restaurants on St. Barth

Very nice reporting of a high end SBH experience . . . reflecting the club-like world that you mention (". . . St. Barth feels more and more like a private club whose members return year after year.").

Mustique, Turks and Caicos, and even back to Jamaica the Christmas and New Year crowd has gone. We went to Bali this year, loved it over the holidays - highly recommend. The running joke (some people want T-shirts) for St Barth at Christmas... 'The 3 R's - Rappers, Russians, and Rednecks'

Shocked to see in January that Grabowski was booted from Le Sereno and the restaurant has been rebranded into a sushi place with the same name as some horrid place in South Beach. Also strange, was told the restaurant is completely separated from the hotel. With Bagatelle and now this new Miami sushi place at Le Sereno, what's next?

What horrid place in South Beach? This is not a sushi place although they have rolls. The restaurant is called Le Sereno. The Conteras family of Venezuela bought the property from Andre Belaz. It is simply incomparable. The food is extraordinary. I have been to every one of the places on your list including Bali. I would no more go to St. Barth for Christmas that I would shoot myself. What's great is the trashy set have decamped. It's nicer than ever.

What horrid place in South Beach? This is not a sushi place although they have rolls. The restaurant is called Le Sereno. The Conteras family of Venezuela bought the property from Andre Belaz. It is simply incomparable. The food is extraordinary. I have been to every one of the places on your list including Bali. I would no more go to St. Barth for Christmas that I would shoot myself. What's great is the trashy set have decamped. It's nicer than ever.

Yes, Le Sereno restaurant (formerly Pechuers) is now a chain sushi restaurant with a sister restaurant in Miami Beach. I know the Contreras well, thank you.

Yes, Le Sereno restaurant (formerly Pechuers) is now a chain sushi restaurant with a sister restaurant in Miami Beach. I know the Contreras well, thank you.

[h=1]Dining[/h][h=2]Restaurant Le Sereno[/h]
restaurant-01.jpg.852x286_default.jpg
restaurant-01.jpg.852x286_default.jpg
restaurant-03.jpg.852x286_default.jpg
restaurant-04.jpg.852x286_default.jpg
restaurant-05.jpg.852x286_default.jpg

RightLeft

We proudly welcome celebrated husband and wife restaurateurs, Jonas and Alexandra Millan as they unveil Le Sereno Restaurant, a brand new dining destination just as luxurious as our namesake hotel. Jonas and Alexandra also own Miami’s James Beard Award-winning restaurant, Juvia, as well as St. Barth’s Bonito. Le Sereno Restaurant demonstrates the sophisticated essence of St. Barth with a menu that seamlessly blends French fare with Asian influence and utilizes the local vibrant flavors and ingredients of the Caribbean.
The team behind Le Sereno Restaurant includes Jonas and Alexandra’s business partner and co-owner, Juan Carlos Perez; Le Sereno hotel-owner, Luis Contreras; and general manager Fred Dubrueil. Overseeing the kitchen is a team of talented chefs: Executive Chef Laurent Cantineaux, a protégé of celebrated Chef Daniel Boulud; Executive Chef Sunny Oh, who helmed the kitchen at Nobu South Beach for more than a decade; and Executive Pastry Chef Gregory Gourreau, who worked alongside iconic toques Alain Ducasse and Francois Payard. Together, this dynamic group delivers a lively atmosphere and exciting breakfast, lunch and dinner menus to guests of the island.

The menu at Le Sereno Restaurant features a wide selection of dishes, both large and small, that highlight the island’s bounty of fresh seafood, fruits, and vegetables. Guests can begin their meal with the light Seared Tuna salad with sliced scallion, grated ginger, and garlic chip citrus soy vinegar dressing; or a starter of Wagyu Dumplings with bonito flakes, micro arugula, and parsnip purée. Le Sereno will also offer an assortment of charcoal skewers “a la robata,” with options like baby lobster, Spanish octopus, and beef tenderloin. Entrées include composed dishes like the Maple Miso Seabass with eggplant chips; or Grilled Swordfish with red pepper mango chutney and baby bok choi. An abundant selection of sushi and sashimi are also available, as well as a number of signature rolls like the Sereno Roll or the Aji Amarillo Roll with tuna. Desserts are not to be missed with standout items like the Tropical Leche, a caramel panna cotta with coconut streusel and mango passion sorbet; or the Banana Filo Tart with caramelized bananas and white chocolate encased in a filo shell.

Dennis, management of Le Sereno's restaurant has been taken over by the same group that operates Bonito in Gustavia and Juvia in Miami.

Sounds great . . . I used to love the place -- the most beautiful dining room on the island, I think. Haven't been there, however, since last August. The former maitre d', Jean-Pierre, was incomparable in the tradition of "old school" service (some might remember him from years at the Filao Beach Hotel). I'll try it in a couple of weeks when I'm there and post a report. With La Gloriette and O'Corail, the three are my neighborhood restaurants!

I too liked the room, but I've held off on visiting the new operation. Staff changes have been significant. I'll be interested in reading your report.

I too liked the room, but I've held off on visiting the new operation. Staff changes have been significant. I'll be interested in reading your report.

I agree. I miss Jean Pierre. He's now at a restaurant in St Maarten, but retiring shortly to Guadeloupe.

Sushi heavy offerings, JEK. I had the sashimi platter once at the restaurant and once delivered.

I agree. I miss Jean Pierre. He's now at a restaurant in St Maarten, but retiring shortly to Guadeloupe.

Sushi heavy offerings, JEK. I had the sashimi platter once at the restaurant and once delivered.
Sushi heavy? Did you read the menu I posted?

We went to Les Pecheurs last year and were appalled to be served, for 25 Euros, a pre-made hamburger patty. I can quite promise you the new kitchen and chef are a far cry from that. If you consider owning 3 restaurants makes you a "chain", what on earth do you think of Daniel Boulud's presence in NYC? Please read the article and give the place a try. That is if you can tear yourself away from Bali.