Fish

LindaP

Senior Insider
What kind of fish are these, especially the red spotted ones?
image.jpg

Linda- I have found the Lorient fish market has a lot of small fish that I wouldn't take a chance on.

And thank you God for that!

Perhaps when you are raised eating something your whole life , you can continue to eat it your entire life and be safe.

Me, I would rather be safe than sorry, Linda.

you can eat it for 50 years and be fine....

but it only takes once

and I can put anyone in touch with a person who can tell you first hand what a life changing event it is when that "once" happens

We are not fish experts as I don't eat them much, but my wife does. We can't help on IDing the fish but love the colorful picture. We are lucky they are still so plentiful around the island. Manu at Santa Fe told us that to obtain his lobsters, the fishermen have to go out two hours and back two hours to get them. He is after size and said the large ones are no longer plentiful nearby.

The red spotted ones are called Strawberry Groupers or rock hind, very good to eat. The other fish shown are tangs triggers grunts and some other species of snappers.

We are not fish experts as I don't eat them much, but my wife does. We can't help on IDing the fish but love the colorful picture. We are lucky they are still so plentiful around the island. Manu at Santa Fe told us that to obtain his lobsters, the fishermen have to go out two hours and back two hours to get them. He is after size and said the large ones are no longer plentiful nearby.

They're nearby...just in the Marine Preserve.